TLZone Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi everyone

i want to give me injectors and fuel sysytem abit of a clean out can anyone recommend a good product that isnt going to cause any long term problems

I think ive had a bad tank of fuel so i want to clean it and a good clean out
i know there is alot of products out there but i want to use one that everybody else has used if you know what i mean

cheers everybody

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
cheers hammy but ive never heard of sea foam in the uk and i dont think ive seen it anywhere for sale either

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
cheers bud

ill give the stp fuel system cleaner a good try out and ill post up what happens so it give everyone else some idea

thank you hammy

·
Registered
545 Posts
Gas itself is a good cleanser. I would just take your tank off and run some gas through it and change your fuel filter..

·
Registered
417 Posts
give redex a try ive used it on a few of my bikes with good results however not done my tl yet, did give my sv650 a good improvement, whether that was just in my head but i swear it felt better, hope it helps :O

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ooh redex im abit suspect of redex madmat after i saw what i did to my brothers car it might be different on bike but ill give stp a go

·
Registered
244 Posts
Id be interested to see what results people have. I put some redx in my car for the first time other day. Didn't seem to make much difference, but then again I haven't done mnay miles in it since. Thinking about putting 'something' in the TLS though

·
Registered
722 Posts
SeaFoam is a neat additive as it is not a true solvent. Most fuel additives have Tuolene or Xylene or SuperCorrosivelene. I prefer to use those only if I know I will use the fuel in a short time so it don't sit in the system any great length of time. If you use STP try to run it thru in short order.

SeaFoam is a combination of fine oils. It does have a similar effect as some solvents but not as harsh. I prefer not to use any additives in anything I own unless I think they work, which most don't. SeaFoam works to gently clean and loosen stuff without damage. It might have a different name outside of the US.

·
Registered
468 Posts
I always use Lucas fuel additive. Dont clean anything real fast..but over time you will notice a pickup in fuel economy which means it worked :p

·
Registered
142 Posts
How do you use the seafoam? Do you pour the whole bottle in the tank? Change the fuel filter before or after using seafoam?

·
Registered
200 Posts
Seafoam does work, well... the only stuff that i can feel does something

·
Registered
8,379 Posts
yamaha ringfree works great as well. I also 2nd the injector cleaning. I sent mine to witch hunter performance, had a nice printout of before/after flow rates, matchin, etc. Bike seemed to run smoother afterwards as well :thumbup

·
Registered
11,918 Posts
We got CRC or STP branded fuel system cleaner. I stick it in the TL cos it's cheap and it may or may not work :laugh but it hasn't done any harm. Used to notice a difference in the Pajero Mini. New fuel filter is a very good idea :yes

1 - 19 of 19 Posts