TLZone Forums banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I am painting the bodywork in satin black with red decals then giving it a couple of coats of 2 pack satin clear coat. Instead of having V twin supersport on the tail unit, I've had some Widowmaker decals made. Also just fitted all new red vacuum and fuel pipes and red HT leads. Going to balance the throttle bodies today. Once again, thank you for your help. If it wasn't for you I think it would have ended up in a skip!!!!

·
Registered
4,153 Posts
Glad you are back to making progress. (y)

I don't envy you when it comes to polishing a TLS frame. :oops: Looks good though.

I noticed the rear fuel tank supports are not installed. Just due to all the polishing and body work going on?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I have fixed it with your help. I followed the brown wire from the fuse box which joins to the orange and blue. It had come loose where it was joined. When the ignition is turned on now the pump runs for 3 seconds to prime, then stops and the bike strikes up first time. Thank you so very much, you're a ****ing hero! 👍

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I don't suppose you know what this black plug in the tail unit is for, it doesn't connect to anything or seem to affect the way the bike runs. As you rightly said, the harness has been heavily modified ( side stand switch removed, clutch switch wired together etc.) The second pic is the diagnostic switch. When I turn it on the LCD has the bar at the top. I believe it should be in the middle. Will the TPS need adjusting? Thanks, Tim

·
Registered
4,153 Posts
That black connector in the tail is the programming port for the ECM. It allows the connection of a Yoshimura Box, or something similar, which is used to make adjustments to the fuel maps.

As for the dealer mode switch, the TPS may need to be adjusted (likely), or it may be that the idle speed is adjusted higher-than-normal. Be sure to watch the Suzuki TPS and Throttle Body Balance video on YouTube. It offers good basic information and reminders.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Thank you. Yes I have watched that video about adjusting the TPS and balancing the throttle bodies. It's very informative. Unfortunately I cannot balance them as I only have a set of analogue guages for balancing carburettors! 😖

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
You can make a very very simple version (and very very accurate)....

The patented Ring in method.

Just get air tubing for an aquarium. Put in some transmission fluid (or anything viscous. Ring in suggests transmission fluid for two reasons. It's red color is highly visible. And if it were to be sucked into the intake, it's a petrol product, so it shouldn't harm the engine) . Loop it and hang it vertically. Then put one end on the front and one end on the rear throttle body vacuum connection. You will then see the difference in vacuum pressure. The actual pressure is irrelevant, it's just balancing the pressure between both manifolds.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Thought you'd liked to hear it running. I've uploaded it to my YouTube channel. It's the loudest bike I've ever had (got 5 at the moment). The phone speaker doesn't do it justice. Plug your phone into your stereo and turn it up to 11 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

21 - 28 of 28 Posts