TLZone Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any recommendations or tips for which fuel pump reconditoning kits to use and any does or don'ts when fitting.

·
Registered
679 Posts
If you need a new pump, many have used these and reported that they work well, KEMSO New OEM Replace Fuel Pump for Suzuki TL1000R 1998 1999 2000 2001 If you end up having to replace it, there are several options for the fuel tank gasket, the OEM gasket, an O-ring, and the "alternative fuel pump gasket." If you read these you'll see the differences between them.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Did you do a fuel pump pressure, and flow test? My TLS was hard starting cold, and could not build enough pressure during prime, to pump fuel out the return hose. I just installed the Kemso pump last week, and it cured those issues. The screen, (strainer), that came with the pump, doesn't bend well, making in hard to install in the tank, but it does work. I blew through the stock fuel filter, and it seemed ok, so I reused it. I replaced the tank gasket a couple years ago, and I reused it, with no problems. Make sure the tank flange is flat, use locktite blue on the screws, and torque it to 2 ft/lbs, (3 N-M) . What do you have, a TLS, or TLR?

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi thank you for the replies it is a TLS and the pump is not priming at all no sound from the pump i have a couple of spares so i plugged one into the wiring loom woithout installing it and it kicked in when i turned the key so this proved its the pump. I am repairing it to sell the bike as i cannot ride it any more due to health issues. I have owned the bike from new and it will be a sad day keep your eyes on the classifieds as i will advertise on here first.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts