TLZone Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

I have a 2000 tl1000s that has been sitting for 8 years. Come to find out that the fuel pump is no longer working.
I ordered an aftermarket fuel pump from ebay. I go to change out the pump and I soon realize that the fuel pump strainer is only able to be attached straight up instead of at a 90 degree angle which is what I need for the pump to fit.
I will include a picture. Old pump on the left with 90 degree angle attached and new pump on the right with filter attached (wont fit). pump.jpg

Do you have any ideas on where I can get a fuel pump strainer with a 90 degree angle bend in it?

Thanks guys!

-B

·
Premium Member
6,855 Posts
it looks like to me that you would not use the rubber cushions that originally sat under the pump..................:O

or you could try swapping over the plastic part - I seem to remember they could be detached from the pump - using the original strainer bag.

The Kemso pumps I bought had a selection of parts you could use - possibly because they could be used in different bikes - one was a very near match.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I ran into the same problem. First pump I got off ebay didn't fit. Got a second one from HiFlow off of ebay. One thing to remember, if replacing the fuel line, it has to be designed for submersion in fuel. regular fuel line will not work and the outside rubber will deteriorate. Here is a link to where i got replacement fuel line. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001R5XSGU/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
This one piece is enough to replace all the pieces.
The fuel filter is a pain in the ass too, and I went around to many auto parts stores trying to find one that would work, but ended up paying the 50$ for the stock replacement. [email protected]#% Suzuki. Their prices on parts are ridiculous. They don't sell a replacement pump, only the whole assembly (700$+) and 50$ for a filter that should only be a couple of dollars is just ridiculous. By comparison, a fuel pump for my 03 Aprilia tuono, is only 160$. I am done owning any japanese bikes from here on out. it is actually cheaper to own my Aprilias (03 Tuono Racing & 16 Tuono Factory).

·
Registered
724 Posts
Several car mfrs used the P/N 402-P2111, which is an exact form/fit/function to the pump I just pulled out of a '97 TLS. I got one from Rockauto for $43 and it works with the strainer sock. It's easy to remove the in-tank filter, replace it with FI line, and put an in-line filter ($11 for a replaceable bronze filter) external to the tank.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts