TLZone Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I’ve had a search on the forum and couldn’t find what I wanted.

I’ve had my tank painted so removed the fuel pump. It had red hard sealant under and on the gasket.

I’ve bought a new gasket and cleaned up all the surfaces. Question is, do I use Hylomar sealant or try and install with just the gasket ?

I’ve never had fuel leaks so am assuming I have no warping.

Also, I don’t have a torque wrench.

Any advice is welcome

·
Registered
29 Posts
I had to swap out a seal when it started leaking, I replaced it with a new gasket. I cleaned the surface carefully but didn't use any other sealants, but pay attention to how you tighten the bolts. Best advice would be to find the tightening order/pattern in a service manual and follow it. I haven't had any issues since.
Having said that, I understand some have had success reusing the old gasket but seeing you've already bought a new one make sure to fit it properly.
And use a torque wrench to be safe.

Ps apologies if I'm stating the obvious for you. Think of it as more a reflection of my lack of knowledge than yours.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply, I’ll give it a go just with the gasket and tighten in correct order.

I’ll add a small amount of fuel and check for leaks 😲

·
Registered
5,677 Posts
Do a search for ring-ins $2.00 dollar tank seal. 2 mm o ring behind the new seal. No sealant needed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts