TLZone Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

A few days ago the petrol light started flashing, so i put fuel in the tank but the light is still flashing.

Stupid question really but is there an underlining issue with the fuel light flashing? Or is it just a simple case of the fuel sensor stuffed?

And Yes there is fuel in the tank before you start!!!:)

thanks

·
Upside Down Super Mod,
29,860 Posts
Probably the sensor, but it's not a common fault / problem.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for that Steve, Am i right in thinking that the sensor for the fuel is in with the fuel injection system and will require me to take the tank out and replace the sensor?

thanks

·
Upside Down Super Mod,
29,860 Posts
If you pull the fuel pump out you'll see them. There are two, one for the flashing and one for when it's on solid.

I think the manual has a testing procedure in it, but I'm not 100% sure.

·
Registered
380 Posts
While you're in there, definitely consult the manual on putting it back together. All those bolts that hold the fuel pump on have a specific torque pattern and only to 3 ft/lbs., I believe. Torqued wrong and it will leak for sure.

If you've got enough miles on there you might also want to consider replacing the fuel filter or doing the mod.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
nice one mate will do. As i have only just put the bloody thing together, I am not going to bother untill the winter now. As long as it does not affect anything, i will just keep an eye on the mileage for filling up!!

Thanks for the advise

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
My fuel sensor has always had a mind of its own. I would wait and see if it just dosen't go back to normal in week or so.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts