TLZone Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey all
Went to do a oil change and there was way to much when I did the drain. Smelled heavy of gas. Not sure how this can happen but maybe a bad gasket. Anyone know what might be going on here and how much work I'm in for on this one?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Are you sure the bike is running on all its cylinders? If one is dead, the unburnt fuel will drain down into the sump. That might be a simple plug change or electric problem. I can't think of any other way the fuel will get into the sump.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Are you sure the bike is running on all its cylinders? If one is dead, the unburnt fuel will drain down into the sump. That might be a simple plug change or electric problem. I can't think of any other way the fuel will get into the sump.
Both seem to be firing but have been getting a lot of back fires as of late so maybe just not hitting all the time. Ill give that a look.

·
Registered
5,688 Posts

·
Registered
5,688 Posts
hey all
Went to do a oil change and there was way to much when I did the drain. Smelled heavy of gas. Not sure how this can happen but maybe a bad gasket. Anyone know what might be going on here and how much work I'm in for on this one?
Another thought. What year is your TL. S or R,? .the early TLS's ran too cold most of the time and so were more prone to dump fuel into the oil from what I can remember.
My 97 TL's runs so much better with the thermostat and water pump housing mod . It now sits in the mid 80' s temperature wise. 60's to 70's before and probably rarely got off the cold map.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts