TLZone Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
877 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi.I'm trying to remove the front sprocket :banghead .I have the chain still on.I read in here that it is difficult but i experience great difficulty to remove it :coocoo .I try with applying the rear brake and also with a piece of metal bar through the swinger to keep the wheel still.I also tried heating up the nut but it won't move :banghead .

Is it a clockwise or anti clockwise thread :confused ?I'm trying all day with no luck :banghead .I have no impact socket :O .

·
The Suck, Squeeze, Bang, Blow Moderator,
15,414 Posts
It's normal anti clockwise thread, usually the bar through the swinger is enough when you have a 2 foot breaker bar on the socket.

Impact gun is next best thing and failing that the careful use of a grinder to cut one side of the nut off.

·
Registered
877 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is it a normal nut that i can by from a hardware store or must i order a new one if i cut it?Thanks.

·
Registered
11,780 Posts
Put the bike on the rear stand, put the bike in top gear, get someone to hold the front/rear brakes on and steady the bike, tug hard on the nut with a breaker bar... it'll come off eventually.

It may help if you try and tighten it a little first then undo it.

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
I don't think you'll find that nut at a hardware store.

Remember to put the gearbox in neutral so you don't risk damaging gears and such.

·
The Suck, Squeeze, Bang, Blow Moderator,
15,414 Posts
I don't think you'll find that nut at a hardware store.

Remember to put the gearbox in neutral so you don't risk damaging gears and such.
Yes, DONT use the gearbox in gear to help hold the sprocket still, it can damage your gearbox.

The nut has a recess to allow it to fit over the spines of the output shaft and the thread will be much finer than anything from a hardware store.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.