TLZone Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
I have swapped my standard front indicators for mini indicators on my '97 TLS.
Looking for an idea of what to use to mount the mini indicators, I have ordered some Motrax IndySpacers but it has taken over 2 months to get the correct ones (that have not actually arrived yet).
Anyone got other ideas about how to mount them? I thought about bastardising the standard indicators but I was hoping to keep them in one piece.

Any thoughts??

·
Registered
271 Posts
as paul said just make up a template.
cut out a little rectangular bracket (50x15mm) mark out the mounting holes from the stock indicators and drill a hole to size in the middle to fit the new indicators onto.

·
Premium Member
29,860 Posts
I hacked into the stockers.

If you cut part of the stork back, it leaves enough to use the thread and nut of the aftermarket ones.

·
Registered
8,965 Posts
I made some aluminum ones for using SV650 signals a little rough, but cleaned up easily, I was worried about function and you can't see them on the bike. These work great, if you paint them black they would be invisible. They also fit perfectly. PM an address and I will send them to you. :coocoo

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
You can get universal type indicator mounts for £5 in blighty..cant remember the company name . If you go down they break before the indicator/fairing piece....

they 'sandwich ' the fairing and are held together by the indicator mounting bolt/nut.

these look just the job thoug doug...the kind of home fix that I like!too late for me though.

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
You can buy the correct mounting plates for like $5. I got mine from Brians Bike Mart in Ringwood :thumbup

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Steve TLS said:
I hacked into the stockers.

If you cut part of the stork back, it leaves enough to use the thread and nut of the aftermarket ones.

:stupid
that's what i did

·
Registered
11,024 Posts
T.HELL said:
I made mine out of galvanised plates. But then mine cover the entire indicator hole.

(Unnecessary whoring :D )
...:eek:fftopic...is that a catch pan or just a chin fairing? (it looks good either way though)...

·
Registered
149 Posts
OK so here's the really really cheap way to do it!

I purchased my little blinkers (just like yours) and got them home and thought "now hang on a minute the holes too big!"

Enter MacGuyver style (as in Richard Dean Anderson) thought process..

I created a stencil and simply hacked up an old oil bottle made of black plastic and used this in the holes - and whalla - Indicators mounted securely and don't look too bad for no extra cost... And i figure the weight saving of .0062 grams gives me at least 5hp (oops - sorry Steve Power).

I suppose i could sort out pics if required - let me know!

DG

·
Registered
249 Posts
i made stainless steel plates that are a perfect fit for the fairing whole.

drill them put indicator through than another plate on the inside of the fairing to pinch into place. pretty easy.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.