TLZone Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are TLR forks compatible in TLS triples? What about length? Compression, weight, etc? Any glaring differences that won't allow me to easily adapt TLR forks to my TLS?
-BEN

·
Will ride for Food
697 Posts
I am pretty sure you need the TLR triple trees too.

·
Super Mod,
3,568 Posts
The TLR forks will go right in without issue. Have a read of the link Loki mentioned.

·
Registered
433 Posts
lovely.. what kind of swingarm is that?

·
Registered
601 Posts
I think he was more curious about the OD of the forks, but it looks to me at least that they are the same. If you look at the clipons it would be obvious.

They are definately shorter so you would have to really mess with the suspension to make it safe.

·
Super Mod,
3,568 Posts
gunluvS14 said:
lovely.. what kind of swingarm is that?
TLR that's been modified to work with the TLS linkage. A few member here have done this.

·
Premium Member
4,831 Posts
Not that you asked, but TLR and Hayabusa forks are identical in nearly every aspect externally. The guts to the late model 'Busa forks are much better than the TLR forks however.

With that said, the TLS forks are identical to the TLR forks other than the TLS forks are longer, providing for a slightly slacker head angle. TLR and 'Busa forks bolt directly into the TLS however an upgraded steering damper is highly recommended since the head angle will be steeper and more prone to tank slappers. On the upside, the TLR/Busa forks make for a more aggressive handling TLS that flicks quicker into corners and feels a bit more balanced IMHO with a tad more weight over the front wheel.

Recently Hossman has gone through the upgrade of installing 'Busa Racetech'd forks onto his TLS. You could PM and ask him about the install.....but it went smoothly. Hossman is even running TLR front calipers on the setup:

--Sk

·
Registered
8,965 Posts
Busa forks, stock for stock are more lightly sprung than TLR forks, they are also heavier as they have longer lower tubes. Spring rate in Stock busa fork are .85 kg, TLS forks are .74 kg and TLR forks are .95 kg. So except for the pretty shiny color, the TLR fork is better. If you are going to change forks, it is far more desireable and I would say more cost effective to respring and revalve. The heavier spring of the TLR actually makes it feel as if turn in is slower as the dive is less on braking.:banghead

·
Registered
11,001 Posts
...speaking from personal experience, I had TLR forks on my TLS until a bud needed to source some new TLR forks - he couldn't find any for a price he could afford so I gave him the forks off my TLS and re-sprung/heavier oil in my stock forks... apart from the gold color, I'm happy I did that and went back to the stock TLS length forks (maybe I'll find a local place that could gold coat my stock forks for a reasonable price one day...)...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts