TLZone Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
The Suck, Squeeze, Bang, Blow Moderator,
15,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just been swapping the alloy fork bottoms from a mildly damaged pair of TLR forks onto a clean set of hayabusa forks for my TLR (different fender mountings) and noticed that the TLR set have been played with.

The springs are marked 0.9 (which I thought was the stock spring rate anyway ?) and the cartridges have been appart.

Has anybody got a photo of a stock cartridge piston for me to compare against. The valves in these are black and have pretty large oil ways leading me to believe they may be another brand to race tech's gold valves :confused

Either that or they are stock and just been re-shimed etc

·
Moderator,
5,038 Posts
I can pop out to the garage and take a TLS stock cartridge Sam, I'm out there ina mo fitting new yokes in a mo anyway :devious

·
15,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You won't be able to see the piston unless you have the tools to split the cartridge unfortunately :O

I hoped somebody might have a photo of stock and a gold valve.

I did the usual search and couldn't find anything.

Where's Les when you need him :devious

·
Moderator,
8,243 Posts
OldTLSDoug (or was that TLRDoug, or maybe TLSDoug :confused:laugh) did a nice write up, complete with pictures, when he installed the Gold Valves in his TLR. You might want to PM him and see if he still has them laying around.

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
Here is a pic of some stock Showa valves I have lying around, dont have the gold valves as they have been installed.

top left 46mm Showa middle top Showa 20mm GSXR 750 Top Right Kayaba 25mmTLR

bot left 40mm Showa middle bot Showa 20mm GSXR 750 Top Right Kayaba 25mm TLR

on the Showas and the Kayaba one side is compression and the other is the check plate side I do not have the rebound pistons but they are very similar, as cartridges use 2 seperate pistons and shocks use 1 piston with the flow 1 way being compression and the other side of the valve being rebound.

Here is a link with some more pics of various pistons and includes a Race tech gold valve.

http://www.peterverdonedesigns.com/highspeed.htm

If your valves have 8 small round holes and are dark blue or black anodized they probably are GP Suspension valves.

·
Registered
4,197 Posts
@Doug: That link is excellent :thumbup

Thanks
Rufer

·
15,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Perfect Doug

Thankyou :hail