TLZone Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
It's my first time posting to this site, but I've spent a long time scouring it for information. I even did the R1 rear damper swap to my TL thanks to everyone here and it works AMAZINGLY.

Anyways, when I bought my tiller she had been abused by some complete moron and had a bunch of awful parts installed. I've gradually been making her better and better and so I thought it was time for a brake upgrade.

IMAG0124.jpg IMAG0123.jpg IMAG0125.jpg IMAG0126.jpg

Above you can see the new EBC rotors I bought which were supposed to fit my TL (according to some internet sources). Then you can see the terrible rotors the owner before me had put on (not even cross-drilled!).

My question is, can I somehow mount these flat EBC rotors with some type of spacers or do I need some with the flange in the center hub to offset them to seat in my calipers?

Any advice would ease my stressed mind.
Thanks

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
Hey guys,
It's my first time posting to this site, but I've spent a long time scouring it for information. I even did the R1 rear damper swap to my TL thanks to everyone here and it works AMAZINGLY.

Anyways, when I bought my tiller she had been abused by some complete moron and had a bunch of awful parts installed. I've gradually been making her better and better and so I thought it was time for a brake upgrade.

View attachment 41840 View attachment 41839 View attachment 41841 View attachment 41842

Above you can see the new EBC rotors I bought which were supposed to fit my TL (according to some internet sources). Then you can see the terrible rotors the owner before me had put on (not even cross-drilled!).

My question is, can I somehow mount these flat EBC rotors with some type of spacers or do I need some with the flange in the center hub to offset them to seat in my calipers?

Any advice would ease my stressed mind.
Thanks
1st those EBC discs are straight fit to TL
2nd it seems that you have GSXR slingshot wheels and discs,maybe even forks(not clear from your pic)

·
Registered
93 Posts
Yes you need some spacers and longer mounting bolts of course. The offset can be easily measured and any decent machine shop would turn up and drill some alloy spacers within a couple of hours or so. ;)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ohhhh goodness. Had no idea those weren't stock rims. That completely answers my question. You guys are such a big help!

Thanks big time.

·
Premium Member
6,892 Posts
other opinions would include......
1. sending them back for a different pair.
2. Demounting the braking discs from the carriers and swapping them over if the profile is the same - you could then clean and paint your old carriers.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think I'll just be sending them back for a set to match the rim. I knew this TLS was cobbled together but I didn't realize it was this big a of a frankenbike. Regardless, I love it and it still hauls the mail :D

·
Registered
763 Posts
That front wheel is the same as the 1995 GSXR750. I am positive because I have a 95 GSXR750 sitting in my garage. It may be from other model Suzuki as well. If you send them back ask for a 1995 GSXR750 front rotors. That way you don't have to worry about using spacers to get the TL rotors to fit.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I think it might be the rim from the second generation with slightly larger rotors (1988/89). That's what looks closest to me. The first gen ones look just a tad small to me. Again, thanks to everyone for all the help.

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
I think it might be the rim from the second generation with slightly larger rotors (1988/89). That's what looks closest to me. The first gen ones look just a tad small to me. Again, thanks to everyone for all the help.
1st gen = Slabside(1985-1987)
2nd gen = Slingshot(1988-1992)
yor discs apper to be 1992 model Slingshot discs!
in the pic is 1987 Slabside with 1989 Slingshot wheels,forks,brakes and front fairing :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts