TLZone Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What I've learned:
Without friends, I wouldn't be having any fun! You give me confidence to drag my knee for the first time yesterday! (yep !!). I only did it a couple times in the number 9 turn which was a focus of yesterday's event, but the feeling was cool! I found that a little more push in countersteering helped a great deal and of course "hanging off" and definitley placing the crack of my butt in the appropriate place on the seat or off the seat. Unfortunately, my stamina just couldn't provide me with a full day of riding! I am so worn out this morning from yesterday's trackday!!!

There were some guys from the www.motohouston.com site next to our stall, and they made the day fun too! I've always wanted someone to High five me/ high 10 me after a session on the track! Seems silly and so simple, but to me really made my day!!

I missed out on a lot this past season, and hope next season to participate more, and maybe even be a little more competitive, or at least not be passed as often! lol
Thanks ya'll
denee'

·
Pygmy looking for a new name
14,150 Posts
Congrats Denee. I knew Turn 9 would be where it would happen. Glad you had fun, now it's time to get back out there and practice practice practice. Where's pics of the slider?

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I knew your were going to ask for proof! lol The photographer wasnt' there yesterday and my husband just can't seem to take action photos! Maybe next year!

·
14,150 Posts
No no no, it's fun to show off pics of your tires and pucks after the fact. Not looking for proof cuz I believe you, but it's fun to see pics too.

·
Registered
8,965 Posts
Post it up

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Good job!

Yeah, it's a pretty good feeling. Keep it up & in no time you will be posting up your completely thrashed knee pucks for sale. You know the ones that are worn down to the velcro backing on the outer edges of the puck?

:)

Keep it going it's just a matter of time now...

·
Registered
2,920 Posts
Awesome Denee ,good on ya .:thumbup

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thank goodness for the message alert thing on my regular email! I dont have a darned thing thing to talk about right now! Bikes are all in good shape, not much riding going on!
Doug, you had to show me your knee puc! I'm not going to show you mine; it's just a little scratch! lol damn that's funny!
Ya'll are so much fun!!
dne'

·
Registered
528 Posts
well done ! i not even done it on my tl yet! wrong time of year to try it!

·
14,150 Posts
One little scratch is better than none. Now that you know where and how it happens you can do it some more. Before long you'll need new ones.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Good Stuff

Good on Ya! I grazed mine for the first time on the TL at Phillip Island on a track day, it scares the hell out of you the first time, then it gets so easy. Not the quickest way around a corner, but fun. I like your bike too!

·
14,150 Posts

·
Registered
4,068 Posts
Congrats!!! I hear ya on the High Five thing... I grazed mine for the first time this summer at a track day, like Humey said... the first time it scares the hell outta ya , then it feels cool. I gotta take a picture of mine yet. :) So here's a High Ten for ya!! :)

·
Registered
322 Posts
Hi five's, nuckle bumps, slap on the back....... its all good. Your right, sometimes the little things that seem insignificant can really make a difference. I was riding behind a buddy when he got his knee down for the first time. When we got to the next stop I jumped off my bike and gave him a big pat on the back congrats and you could just see his face lite up like he was on top of the world.

Congratulations to you on your slide. Its funny how its such a huge mile stone for riders. I know it was for me :)

Have fun out there!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts