TLZone Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Since the picture attachment deal has come up I thought I would offer me and my server for any of the planets image hosting needs. Just shoot me an email with the images attached along with your planet user name and I'll shoot you back an email with the links. I have the directories set up for browsing so you can easily checkout all of your images. I figure I get a lot of use out of the planet and this a way I can give back.

Your directories will be setup like this:
"http://www.jiffypark.com/tlplanet/yourusername"

I don't want to mess with password protecting anything so don't email me stuff you don't want the whole world seeing.

Send the pics to: [email protected]

If the mods want they can pin this so others can easily find it.

·
Registered
3,058 Posts
woooaaaahhhhh.............does this cause increased costs for the planet when we don't link pics? i know nothing about linking pictures.........someone care to explain?

R

·
0 Posts
Think of it as outsourcing the hosting... rather than submit a picture of 640 x 480 or less to be uploaded and hosted on TLP's server, and have it constitute up to 80k of bandwidth everytime someone views or refreshes the thread where its located, you simply upload them somewhere else and put a link to it in your thread. You do this going to the post reply button and when it comes up type your post and when you want an image inserted press the IMG button up the top and enter the url where the pic is located. This will insert the image with the tags required so that it is automatically shown when someone looks at the thread.

For instance I have a website called www.tl1k.com, I store pics I want to show in threads at www.tl1k.com/junk/ .... so I upload to the junk folder and in the post reply page hit the img button and enter www.tl1k.com/junk/imagename.jpg or whatever the pic is called

It will enter it in your post in this format

This pic obviously doesnt exist so you will just get what you see above. Doing it this way you can then link any size picture you want.

For example 3.jpg is sitting in the junk folder

so hit the IMG button and enter the following and http://www.tl1k.com/junk/3.jpg and voilla

If you dont use the IMG button or add the
open and close tags it wont display the image, it will just show hte link for it.

http://www.tl1k.com/junk/3.jpg

R

·
0 Posts
BTW I have hosting so I can chuck some of your pics in a folder too if anyone needs it..just email me a pile of pics you want and I'll send you the links... or get a $24.95 account with Imageevent, or if some of you need it you can pm me and I'll set you up with a folder on my imageevent account, I probably only have 4-6 months left on the account tho but I dont use it anymore anyway.

·
Registered
3,058 Posts
thanks Rupes :thumbup........i think i got the hang of it

·
Registered
3,058 Posts
i had started it, but hadn't taken her out for a spin........they have some color on them now :)

·
Registered
4,472 Posts
From what I hear imageevent.com is a pretty cool site.
TLRDoug uses it and can probably give ya lots of info on it.

Smart members could hook-up and share an account for next to nothing..... :devious

R

·
0 Posts
katana750 said:
Smart members could hook-up and share an account for next to nothing..... :devious

:stupid

Yup ... 1500 pics storage, up to 10 meg each pic for 25 a year. So five guys pay 5 bucks each and get storage for 300 pics :thumbup It also supports video but I havent checked out the limit, probably the same as pics, up to 10meg.

Actually seeing its Christmas and all, I might do something charitable, my good deed for the year. I just went and checked out my account. I still have untill half way through May. Seeing as I'm not using it, how bout the first 5 people to buy themselves a ticket in the banner raffle will get storage for 250 images up to 10 meg each untill May 10.... at which point I'll renew and you can all buy me a ticket in a raffle :devious

I am using 156 or so of the 1500 images spaces and thats for the tls manual that TLRDoug was kind enough to upload, when I figure out how to download all 156 without having to do them one at a time I'll move the manual jpegs to my own site, and you'll all have 300 each.

If any of you guys are interested let me know who you are here first before you buy a ticket so I know who's doing what. I'll PM you the username and password.

:cheers and a Merry Christmas

·
Registered
4,472 Posts
Damn generous Rupes!
I'd make them buy you a ticket for the Joe Rocket Corona Jacket....
Whoops.... cat is outta the bag now...:devious

Seriously guys, sharing image hosting is a great idea. Keeps our bandwidth low (bandwidth means how much total data is transfered per day/week/month, etc).

R

·
0 Posts
What no one wants in for the price of a raffle ticket :dowhat

Oops.... stupid me ... 1meg per pic not 10... Doh

R

·
0 Posts
Woohoo ... Seca's in... and one less banner raffle ticket...

C'mon guys its been at 101 tickets left for ages :banghead

1 - 20 of 28 Posts