TLZone Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
Anybody know if fork oil seals are the same/interchangeable on both the TLR & S ???:O

·
Registered
526 Posts
I think all seals are the same if the right size. I called a Kawi dealer about re-springing my forks and he said he would use seals on hand to replace them.

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
I got some dust and oil seals (it's good to replace the two together) for my S from the Suzuki shop, and the ones they gave me were for a GSXR1100S<W:O. So It would seem they are interchangeable between models:)

·
Upside Down Super Mod,
29,855 Posts
They're different.

Oil seal

TLS = 51153-46E20 (TLS only)

TLR = 51153-02FA0 (TLR / Hayabusa)

:dowhat

Dust seal

TLS = 51173-46E20

TLR = 51173-02FA0

(Using 'where does this part fit' on ronayers for reference. The TLS units are unique).

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
Just found the packaging from the GSXR1100 dust seals, (can't find it for the oil seals) and the part no is 51173 46E20:O.

·
Upside Down Super Mod,
29,855 Posts
51153-46E20 is listed for the 1100 on ronayers, just doesn't come up in a reverse part look up. Only the TLS does :crazy

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi
Thanks Steve was given S seals at dealers and told they was same as the R a quick check shows them to be same diameters but haven’t got the old ones out to check width . Will take them back come Monday sods law that sun is shining an bikes in bits
Paul

·
Registered
13,114 Posts
my bet is they may not be absolutely identical but will work just the same.

·
Registered
87 Posts
i got given the gsxr1100 ones by suzuki as well !! must be an nz thing.....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts