TLZone Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I forget which TL commandment it was, but it was something like:
"thou shalt never return thy TL back to a stock exhaust system once thou hast tasted the evil of a Yosh full system".

For this I should be banned for two weeks.:coocoo Unfortunately my finances dictated that I procure some cash, so the system was sold to a deserving fellow (GixxerGreg) and a stock system was bolted on (thanks, Scotty). I then won (what kind of term is that for buying two bricks?) a couple of TLR cans from e-bay which I modified by hacking off the stock hangers and replacing them with some plumbing hanger straps.

This is what I will say though; with the stock full system and a well thought out Mak box re-map (SS @ '0' HS @ +5, +5, +2.5, +2.5, +2.5, and +2.5) the thing runs smoother and with better throttle response than with the Yosh full Hi-mount system (blasphemy!). My seat of the pants dyno was just not good enough to come up with a proper setting for the full Yosh system, and I'm too cheap to spend $200 for a proper dyno tune.

The down side now is...the bike is a pig! Not only looks-wise, but I think the thing just gained about 15 pounds! The added weight has made it turn REALLY slow into corners, and I have to be really physical to get it to change directions...Arrrgh!:banghead

My previous system was higher, lighter, and held it's mass more central to the bike which vastly helped in cornering...I can't emphasize that enough.

So for those who think slip ons are just as good as a full hi-mount system...think again! Also, for the few of you still running stock cans...ditch those pigs!

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
i could never go back to stock exhaust.I sell my wheels and whatever else first.Banned for life i say

·
Registered
871 Posts
you know what man sometimes you have to do what you have to do. at least you didn't sell the tl all together and you are still riding!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :banghead

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
I dont know how you did that. The full system sound is the peak of TL ownership!!

·
Registered
3,241 Posts
Lose a few pounds and gain some decent sound... lose the guts in those cans. It's free! Then you can tweak it as you need with the Mak box. And actually I'm glad to see you are keeping her. I half suspected the stock bits were in preparation to sell it.

·
Registered
994 Posts
You have been pardond brother, for you tillis looks rightous as it sits with the stock cans.
Though I do agree, I would find it very difficult to remove my full M4 from my tiller

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.