TLZone Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8,965 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my seat from Seat Concepts.com, they ship new foam and a cover, so I removed the old one, installed the new one, rode the bike. Much better, still a dirt bike seat, but better indeed. I may change out the gripper, as for SM duty on the race track it may not work out, but it is grippy..

·
Registered
11,918 Posts
Nice!

Either my bum or the seat on the Duke is starting to break-in, so it's more comfy now than that first day for sure ...

·
Registered
8,965 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's definitely you. The DR-Z could make you have monkey butt in about 10 miles, this is better, not perfect, but much better.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I just bought myself an 09 DRZ400SM to use back and forth to work, save my TLR for the weekends. I bloody love riding the motard, shit load of fun!

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
Very nice looking :thumbup

·
Registered
8,965 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just bought myself an 09 DRZ400SM to use back and forth to work, save my TLR for the weekends. I bloody love riding the motard, shit load of fun!
I commute on mine as well, and it is nice to sit here after my 22 mile ride home with a comfortable ass and a smile from the wheelies and stoppies on the way home. :doug

·
Premium Member
6,671 Posts
Doug, can you post up the company details please - my lad has been complaining about the seat on his 400s :yes

·
Registered
11,918 Posts
There's a company here that offers a gel pad to strap over the top, or a similar thing inserted under the OE cover. For about Y7,000 too which makes it pretty cheap. Then the seat stopped hurting my bum so I didn't bother :lol

·
Premium Member
6,671 Posts
:banghead thanks Kami, i'd had a long evening :laugh

·
Registered
8,965 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well played, good form Kami! You need a decent electric or air stapler, some 3/16 or 1/4 in staples and a little patience. The seat is about an inch higher, so I am a little more challenged, but it is still great. They make a lower one and a taller one. It is about 1.5 in wider on each side. The comfort improvement is beyond what I expected. Go over to Thumper Talk.com and go to the DR-Z400 section and read about the seats. Also Supermotojunkie.com had some posts about them as well. I paid $173.00 USD for the seat shipped, and I don't think you can get a seat cheaper than that. Good luck.

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
Electric and air staplers are nice, but I've re-covered a solid dozen+ dirt bike/dual sport seats with a regular old staple gun. Its a bit of a hassle, but totally doable. Just be sure to use short staples :laugh

If you wanna spend more $$$ there's also the Renazco custom seat. Very nice and comfy with shape, foam density and cover all specific to your needs. Not cheap though.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts