TLZone Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to instal my new Vandriver sprocket cover today. I have a couple questions. The bottom bolt, do you leave in the stock spacer and use the new spacer, or take the stock spacer out completely and only use the new spacer? Second, the top bolt of the clutch actuator (I think that's what it's called), how do you know when to stop tightening? It seems you can tighten it forever, but the piece will get all crooked.:O

·
Banned
5,308 Posts
That stock piece is a bushing that was used to align the stock plastic cover, remove it. ONLY USE MY SPACERS.

Your other issue, which has nothing to do with my cover, sounds like a stripped thread.

·
Registered
881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's not stripped, since the stock housing isn't there anymore, there is nothing to stop the actuator from getting tighter. Do you have another spacer for that? I'll try to get pics soon.

BTW, the cover is freakin' sweet!!!

·
Registered
204 Posts
how do you know when to stop tightening? It seems you can tighten it forever, but the piece will get all crooked.:O
Don't try to use the screw to pull the actuator into the cover, tap it in first till its bottomed out then tighten the screw

·
Banned
5,308 Posts
ron ayres

http://www.ronayers.com/fiche/300_0300/clutch/clutch.cfm?
man=su&groupid=12270&parent=12210

Like I said, that has nothing to do with my sprocket cover.
The stock cover has nothing to do with clutch actuator either.
You remove the actuator so you can pull the stock cover, then you reinstall the actuator with all of the same parts.

jersey is right, you need tap it in place if you are using the hyrdro clutch, it hangs up on that stud#26. You should still have#30, that sounds like what you are missing. That is a stock spacer and you need to reuse it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts