1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Fark ain't that a rort. So some dude will still speed through the section oblivious to its presence and kill himself on the corner and his family will get a ticket in the mail a couple weeks later. Great safety method that is. :O

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
One of my mates from work got done there 3 ****ING TIMES on sunday morning. He was pulled over for 119kph in the 80kph zone. $386 fine and points then we seen him on the news and only then realised he had been busted 2 other times :bawling:bawling:bawling

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
We are ****ing infested with those bastard things over here. So say to "improve" safety as speed kills. Unfortunately, the governments own figures show that they have done nothing to improve the statistics, and only 5% of accidents are caused by breaking the speed limit.

Its all about raising cash

·
Registered
4,745 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
tl1kr said:
One of my mates from work got done there 3 ****ING TIMES on sunday morning. He was pulled over for 119kph in the 80kph zone. $386 fine and points then we seen him on the news and only then realised he had been busted 2 other times :bawling:bawling:bawling

i think he might be walking soon :yes

blademansw said:
its all about raising cash
:stupid

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
We don't have many of those things out here, yet. But here in the Los Angeles suburbs they built a new dedicated bus line by paving over a long stretch of former railroad tracks. Problem is they ripped out the tracks several years ago & no trains ran on them for a few decades. The paved road the bus runs on is for the one bus line only & they installed traffic signals at all the intersections where that bus line crosses "regular" streets. Problem is these new intersections are very close to other, old regular street intersections that are pretty much spaced equidistantly.

So for the first few weeks the bus line was in operation there were several accidents as people in too much of a hurry to notice the strange new intersection (plus they were probably talking on their cell phones) just blew through the intersection & broadsided the new buses! Not good. I ride my mountain bike on that dedicated bus street as they put a bike path in there. After about a month of having accidents, the transportation department made changes to where traffic signals were placed & started up public awareness campaigns and the plowing into buses stopped. Nice. About 3 months later I noticed lots of concrete work being done on the sidewalks near these intersections. Hmmm, all this stuff was just cemented in place less than a year ago what are they doing now? The accidents have stopped already, what are they doing?

Well they decided to put steel boxes mounted up on posts with, you guessed it, cameras installed. Fun. What's really funny is they reset the signals that stop the traffic so the buses can pass. The usual four second delay from the signal changing from yellow to red is gone. That is the typical delay that you see at most intersections in the city. Now the delay from yellow to red is less than 2 seconds! Wonder why they did that? $$$$$$ It's funny at that same intersection the technician screwed up & the signal below the automobile/cycle traffic signal that is designed to control pedestrian traffic still flashes red after the auto/cycle signal has turned to red. Out here the pedestrian crossing signal changes from a green to a flashing red then to a solid red for about 6 seconds before the auto/cycle signal turns to red. Most drivers I know guage how long the traffic signal they are approaching is going to stay green or yellow by also monitoring the pedestrian signal. So it is very clear what the point behind the cameras are. It is not to protect the "poor" buses, it is to nab drivers by tricking them, probably to pay for some of the street construction. Bastages! Think it is time to find out who to complain to & take some video of this crap.

I feel for you guys - GATSO's, cameras in boxes with radar guns attached to them sounds very sick. Robot cops must be next?

YOU....HAVE....BROKEN....THE....LAW....
YOU....ARE....UNDER....ARREST....
YOU....CANNOT....TELL....ME....I'M....MISTAKEN....
I....AM....NOT....PROGRAMMED....FOR....MISTAKES....
YOU....WILL....COMPLY....
YOU....MUST....OBEY....
YOU....WILL....GO....TO....JAIL....

:devious

·
Premium Member
7,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
walk up the road one dark night with a balaclava on with some black rattle can paint :devious
big brother is watching.

·
Premium Member
7,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
otla said:
Spray paint a warning on the road on either side of it...:devious

Not that I would do that:laugh

:yes

if fuel was cheap & not in the location were it is VERY HIGH BUSHFIRE AREA id burn the f*#ker

·
Upside Down Super Mod,
29,860 Posts
Sneaky bastards. It's enough to make you give up speeding. :rant

1 - 11 of 11 Posts