TLZone Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You can call me a showoff - but i'd like to throw flames out my TLR pipes:D

Can anyone tell me how i could go about it?

- or how bad it may be for my bike :burnout

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Remove the exhaust gasket from the rear cyl spigot... shoots pretty blue flames.. burns up your packing though.:O i Fixed mine cause it got annoying...

·
Registered
601 Posts
use your horn button to trigger the side stand switch, then figure out how to wire that to a spark plug in the cans.

(the horn button is suppose to help with full throttle clutchless shifting as well)

·
Upside Down Super Mod,
29,855 Posts
Try a google search on flaming exhaust kits, there's heaps out there. http://www.flamekitz.com/ You'll have to work out how you're going to kill the TL ignition without the ECU throwing a code and shutting off the injectors.

:cuckoo

·
Registered
11,918 Posts
Chucks.net's homepage has a how-to for flames out the zorts ... do a search for username 'chucks' & you'll get it

·
Will ride for Food
697 Posts
Flaming Pipe- I thought that was a gay reference...

·
Registered
546 Posts
Well I can trade exhaust systems with you then all you will have to do is engine brake down through 4500 rpms and you get all the pretty blue flames you want at will...

·
Registered
676 Posts
Flames out of a bike????

Hrm, sounds ok I guess. Not for me but I have seen it on many cars. Just use a spark plug in the exhaust pipe and run a hot-wire to it that you can turn on and off.

I know the one thing that is bad with doing it with cars, and I am sure doing it with bikes will do the same thing. You run the carb on the car a little more rich to get the fumes at a "dirtier" level so to speak, and that will help shoot larger flames. But, in doing so you risk the point of washing the rings out due to the extra gas in the engine. Just my .02C.

·
Registered
8,379 Posts
disconnect the vacuum line coming from the TB to the PAIR vailve, leave it connected to the TB and plug the PAIR valve end, and it'll shoot flames all the time, not sure if it'll work as good with stock pipes. it worked great with my yoshi sys, but it burns the packing out quicker as well, but looks sweet at night :thumbup

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
hmmm im writing those instructions down now billbo thanks ill have to give it a try, my stock cans have no packing in them anyways should it should hurt

·
Registered
8,379 Posts
that method will get you big blue flames on decel. if you're looking for a flamethrower type setup, it won't work :no

·
Registered
254 Posts
My bike shoots about 6 inch blue flames out each pipe. I like it and don't wanna fix it, screw the packing .... i like the attention it draws when rolling through town at night

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks for the advice -

I had read an article on jet powered bikes; melting the bumpers off cars that pulled up too close in traffic. It sounds like a hell Yeah! good time. With those motors it's the massive heat out the exhaust - but a flame shot at some douche in a tricked out neon could be just as gratifying

1 - 16 of 16 Posts