TLZone Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys, this is my first post. I have purchased a bitubo WZM rear shock for my 2002 TLR and am struggling to understand just how it fits, especially the resevoir. I have done numerous forum searches but can't seem to find a thread that has any photographs of a bitubo rear shock fitted to an R. Plenty of fitting to an S, but they don't look the same at all. Can anyone help with photographs of the finished article fitted or even better photographs of one being fitted. Thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,401 Posts

·
Registered
1,538 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Many many thanks, that's just what I needed. Just out of interest did you have to change any of the settings, preload, rebound etc.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
My preload was a bit stiff, so I backed it off by a couple of turns. Everything else I just played with until it felt right.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks mate, shock fitted this morning, just need to set sag etc and take her out. Pictures were excellent...

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
No worries, enjoy your new-found control in the corners! :thumbup

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Finally think I have got the new Bitubo shock set up right for me. Settings as follows if anyone is interested;
I weigh 105kg in full riding gear, front sag set at 36mm, compression and rebound damping set to standard. Rear sag set at 37mm, rebound damping 2 clicks anti clockwise from delivery setting, compression damping set mid way. I have had the bike out to check the travel (with tywraps) and it appears to be using all but 1/2" of the travel which I think is about right.
Thanks for your help tlrpunk

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Hey, can anyone tell me what the factory settings are for the Bitubo?

TIA

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Not sure what the spring setting was, but it needs to be set to your weight anyway to give the correct sag. Rebound was set with the arrow next to "Bitubo" pointing to the little white dot on the side of the cylinder and compression on the spring was the second mark from soft towards the hard setting. The settings in my previous post seem to work for me although the sag may be a little high, but I am loath to change it now as it appears to be OK.
Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Thanks!

Haven't bothered to setup my suspension yet due to winter, but now that summer is coming it's time to get it sorted and clock some k's up!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Summer just coming, jez I envy u. Ours has just ended, was out this morning for a blast, probably the last for the year!!!! Enjoy......

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Yeah but it's been a long cold winter, plus i was recovering from injury as a result of a car accident.... Good to go now though!!!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts