TLZone Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well after looking at robsters post i remebered i had these pix i was going to post them up when i got them but thats when the whole TLP change shit was going on so here they are

the one on the left is 34" and weighed 12#'s the one on the right was 35" and weighed 15#'s i should have had the bigger one mounted but i ate them instead

18" large mouth my friends dad caught

the haze in this picture is from the steam coming off the open water on the other side of the lake:

fun in the sun:

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
it appears to be a couple of big ass northern pike.

the other is a very large large mouth bass.

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yep those are the 2 biggest fish i have ever cought in my life northern pike:D i fought each of them for about 20-30min each......the day before i had lost one ALOT bigger then these two and lost another one that morning i was about ready to kill myself.

ya riding the quads out there is fun id rather sit in my shack and drink beer and play with the fire tho.....maybe cook a pizza in the oven or play cards:D

·
Registered
3,725 Posts
i much prefer fishing in the sunshine.. cool pics though... :yes

wicked teeth on them there pike eh :yes this one grabed a smaller fish i was binging in on my local river

and a couple of sunshine pics

174lb spainish catfish

139lb fishing with friends is the greatest!

·
Moderator,
2,701 Posts
I dont have photo's. but ive reeled in a couple 100+ channel cat out of a river, but they are no damn way as heafty as those things. what are you using 1/4 tow cable to catch them.

·
Registered
3,725 Posts
:laugh

they actually use Kite line.. you know the braid stuff used for flying kites... and 7lb test crve rods with multiplier reels.... you have to have a leather thumb protector so that when they run you dont burn the skin off as you try and slow them down...

the 174lb catfish was 7 and a half feet long :eek

:laugh

got loads more shots..

·
I was cumstein21
1,805 Posts
Nice pics Shep, What lake is that?

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
WOW! Impressive shots. I hear catfish noodling is popular in some parts although I wouldn't try that technique on those monsters.

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
cumstein21 said:
Nice pics Shep, What lake is that?
kegonsa by stoughton WI the last one in the yahara river chain (madison lakes)

i fought those two bastards on 25# braided line for about 20 min with bare hands (no real pull in the line) i had one guy helping me keep my line from getting tangled in the ice and one holding the gaff hook i was so tired

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Dread said:
not to sound stupid but are those eatin catfish or just sport?

most people dont eat cats that big or big at all they taste like shit from all that crap they eat. my great uncle used to have an artishon (sp) well in his back yard he would catch cats outa the river then put them in there and let them live in that pure water for a week or so then eat it would make a world of diferance

1 - 20 of 20 Posts