TLZone Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
SQDBIKE Admin,
5,965 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
first session: passing fodder...good god get this man off the track.
last session: kneedraggin' duc passing nightmare from hell.

i was really surprised at how quick it all came back to me. I haven't ridden hard in maybe two years, and haven't ridden at all in about a year (except for a brief jaunt through the swedish countryside ;)). Each session there was a marked improvement. I seriously got passed by ever bike on the first session, but by the last session I found myself only getting passed by the control riders, and I was making moves on guys that were blitzing by me earlier in the day. Its great to be back on the bike! Sleep now, but here's a couple picts to hold over.

-:banana

·
Upside Down Super Mod,
29,855 Posts
Squid!

Thst's the way to get back into it. Still trying to sell the bike?

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Damn I wish I knew which bike was yours. I was there yesterday with my 2 daughters. It turned out to be a nice afternoon for you guys huh. :thumbup

·
Super Mod,
3,568 Posts
Look at you holding up traffic like that. :laugh

Look'n good crash. :)

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
Looks like fun:thumbup

·
Pygmy looking for a new name
14,150 Posts
Hey...I didn't curse you! Good job out there. I'm always super slow first session out anyway...no matter how recently I've ridden. Gotta clear the cobwebs before I can let it loose.

·
SQDBIKE Admin,
5,965 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
the first thing i heard on the grid was "hey, check out that guy's undertail! squid bike! that's hilarious!" i think these guys were the same ones that went flying past me about 2 minutes later. I really still can't believe the progression I made in the 5 sessions or so we were able to get in (rained hard all morning....and as we were leaving). That last picture was taken right after we went 3 wide into the last corner on the track. I'm not an aggressive passer (I'd rather wait a few turns than risk a collision on something like a trackday...wish i could say the same for some people on the track that day), but felt good to be able to go on the outside of two other bikes and make the pass clean. I had been following that duc down all session, I was not impressed with either of the ducs power out of the corners or on the straight...could be the riders though. I was impressed with the new R6's there were a few at the track and they were tough to reel in....even on the straightaways.

The crowning victory for my pride and braggin' rights on the car ride home was chasing down, and generally being all over the assend of a hopped up R1 with everything under the sun done to it, with my lowly stock R1.

hopefully i'll scrounge up some more picts when i get home.

east pocono was a blast, everyone said its bumpy and small, but I really didn't think that was the case. Yeah it has some bumps, but they're not so bad it messes up your line. I certainly didn't think the R1 was too big of a bike for the course either. I thought i was along the lines of streets of willow, for you socal people.

-:banana

ps. madkaw, were you there that day? i saw 3 TLRs which one was you? I'll be at summit main on the 21st too. :thumbup

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
I didn't take my bike up there. I had my girls with me so I took my wife's car. Plus my buddy came with me so he could get some info on it. I parked next to the guy that had primered left/right fairings on his TLR.

A little story:

On the way up to the track I was telling my buddy Jeremy about all the perks to doing trackdays. One of which is the people you meet and how nice everyone is.When we pulled into the pits and parked next to the primered/damaged TL, I got out and the first thing I asked the guy was if he was a member of TLZone. He didn't answer me so I asked him again. He said "no" and then basically just walked away. I shrugged my shoulders, looked at my friend and said, "well, usually people are pretty nice here." Later on as we were walking back towards my car the same guy came up to me and apologized for being rude. I completely understood since he just had a get-off, broke his rearset and ended his day earlier then he wanted.
Anyway, after he showed me the damages I told him I have my stock rearsets at my house and he's welcome to have 'em if he wants. He really appreciated that and we exchanged numbers.

So, once again I stressed to my buddy that one of the perks of doing track days is that EVERYBODY you meet here is really nice, even the ones that have bad days.

·
14,150 Posts
Wow, a 12 year old with a beard! :rotfl

·
Super Mod,
3,568 Posts
:spit

·
14,150 Posts
Glad I wasn't the only one who was thinking it! :rotfl

·
Moderator,
14,795 Posts
glad to see U finally got your speed up :laugh nice pics

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
wow crash do you even weigh 125 with the leathers on?

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
look like a little kid on that bike. i would never guess 180 ish?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts