TLZone Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First time I've gone down in my year of riding coming home from work today. Going about 20mph coming off base took a bit of skin off of both my knees and strained my tricep, guy I work with told me I did a flip and landed on my knees and rolled backwards onto my head and then back onto my knees. Bike is okay considering and my cammies went completely unscathed including the knees. So if anyone is selling rearsets, bar ends, or offering custom exhaust work..or wants to trade for odd computer programming jobs, let me know.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
sh*t dude glad to hear your ok, there are plenty peeps on here I am sure will be able to help out. plus egay is always a good option...........
P.s I would offer but I am running on empty at the moment.......... Good luck

·
Pygmy looking for a new name
14,150 Posts
What happened that caused you to flip at 20mph? :O

You didn't hurt your reflective vest did you? :laugh

Sorry to laugh, I rode on base once or twice so I'm familiar with the pains you have to go through in order to do that. I got pulled over once putting along at the mandated 15mph because it was summer and I had my sleeves rolled.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
gixxerjasen said:
What happened that caused you to flip at 20mph? :O
I went over the crown dividing the two seperate directions of traffic and the bike rolled over on the opposite side and I went over it.

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
Pretty crazy, glad your not hurt too badly:thumbup I'd recomend wearing real motorcycle pants/jacket in the future, if that had been much higher speed you might be missing quite a lot of skin. There are lots of good, comfortable options:)

·
Registered
5,699 Posts
+1 on the gear. especially when its not even hot outside...

·
Premium Member
338 Posts
I had a get off at the track this summer smacking the tarmac at 90+. Did some break dancing for 150 feet. My right pinky was a little sore for two days and I got a bruise on my elbow.

I love gear. I have buddies that ride Banner and Palomar nearly every weekend. The skill level ranges from a guy who had National wins in the BOTT and guys who just bought bikes. The rule is; No Gear, No Ride!

Interpol, glad you're okay. For god sake man wear gear.

·
Moderator,
5,038 Posts
lewisness said:
I had a get off at the track this summer smacking the tarmac at 90+. Did some break dancing for 150 feet. My right pinky was a little sore for two days and I got a bruise on my elbow.

I love gear. I have buddies that ride Banner and Palomar nearly every weekend. The skill level ranges from a guy who had National wins in the BOTT and guys who just bought bikes. The rule is; No Gear, No Ride!

Interpol, glad you're okay. For god sake man wear gear.

Sounds familiar :banghead, me too
I had 3 days off work though as I ached soooooooooooo much, and I'm a wimp

·
Scooter hottie chauffeur
4,663 Posts
I got the rear set parts, I'm sure I can cut a deal for a Service Member... tell me what you need in that dept and I'll get you hooked up.

SAVE THE BUSTED STUFF, I can use the pedals, both rear brake and shift even if bent or the toe spools are busted off.

good to hear you are ok.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts