TLZone Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just joined to learn all I can about the TL. I fell in love with them after riding my buddies TL-R several years ago. I will be looking to buy one in the near future, so any help you can give me about what to look/look out for would be greatly appreciated. My current ride is a heavily modifed 2006 Yamaha FZ1.

·
Premium Member
4,013 Posts
Welcome
We just had a long time member sell his TL for the FZ

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
Welcome bud :bigfinger

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
Welcome and have fun
:tillis

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
nobody said hide your wallett and credit cards as soon as you finish bringing her home or you will be sorry...

Oh! and welcome:bigfinger...

·
Registered
47 Posts
I prefer my street fighter TLS over my 04 R1...

My friends think I'm crazy but they just dont understand!

·
Moderator,
5,038 Posts
welcome aboard buddy, prepare to be brainwashed that the TL is the finest bike that has ever been created, I am on my third, love it to bits and mine is plenty capable enough to suit my needs.
:bigfinger

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
welcome bro! :bigfinger if you have never owned a twin, you are in for a real treat. but be prepared the frustration of owning a dated machine. i hvae passed many chances to trade up for something newer, but my TLR gets lots of looks and has enough power to keep me happy and not let me get bored.

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
STAY AWAY FROM THE TL-S AND GO FOR AN R. The "S" riders think the S stands for sexy but in real life its for suckiness..:lol.. welcome to the zone.. now go and buy urself a nice twin with aftermarket pipes and start annoying ur neighbors.

Ash

·
Registered
2,879 Posts
You'll be surprised at the top heavy TL compared to your 06 fz1 even though the tl will weigh less (at least the S...R is about 40 lbs heavier)....but the tl is just a more fun streetbike imop. though, after riding a friends 06 fz1 I would say I doubt I would sell it today for a TL...it's a damn fine bike especially when you get it opened up.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts