TLZone Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to the site. Bought a 2001 TLR that's yellow and black. Has a little over 9k miles. I've put about 1500 since april when I bought her. The dealer thought it was a 2000 model, but after the money exchanged hands, my insurance company found out it was in fact a 2001 (saved me some money).

First bike was a 94 Honda VFR. Nice bike to learn on, but the Tiller kicks A$$. I love the power from this motor. I can't wait to get some track time. I live 5 minutes from Mid-Ohio and know someone on the inside, so hopefully I can get a few free hot laps before taking a couple classes. Anyone now any other way to get some track time besides taking an expensive class?

The bike was completely stock, but as of last saturday I've added a K&N air filter and the GPI w/ATRE. I am open to suggestions on how to make this beast roar even more. Looking to add pipes and a PCIII this winter, as well as some other goodies from vandriver (after this week i'm locking up the credit card:rant ) I'm hearing a noise in the engine I've never heard before yesterday, but I posted it in the help forum if anyone has experience with this.

If anyone made it to Mansfield for the superbike weekend on Saturday night, you may have seen me out walking around (I was one of the guys not letting anyone do any weelies and such). If it were up to me, I'd let the show go on, but unfortunately I'm a very small cog in a large wheel:O Anyways, glad to be a part of the site.

Phil

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
i have a yellow and black 2001 tiller that i bought from colombus ohio in march .. they are lovely bikes... welcome to the zone
post some pics too.. ur gonna find out that peopel here are whores when it comes to pics.. enjoy
:bigfinger

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
welcome from one of the UK posse:bigfinger

·
Registered
909 Posts
Hay welcome there, nice bike, same ya didnt get a S thou :p. Hope you enjoy the site, its sure got every thing a TL rider needs and more.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Welcome Phil :bigfinger
-as for pipes or pc3 over winter, i'd go pipes for sure! (or ideally both:) )
make that twin roar! and the weight saving with a Ti system is the biggest one you'll make on the bike. 25ish lbs IIRC

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Welcome aboard. Good luck with your new TLR. I would recommend not doing any "hot laps" with your bike. Be smart and take the class first, might just serve to save your bike and your ass. Lear to ride the track the right way first, you will enjoy it more.
Ken

·
Registered
129 Posts
Welcome, glad to see another TL rider but be careful on that twin until the class time.

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
:bigfinger hello...

·
Registered
11,556 Posts
:bigfinger Hiya

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
:bigfinger Welcome from OZ

·
Registered
379 Posts
NYCSTRIPES said:
Welcome aboard. Good luck with your new TLR. I would recommend not doing any "hot laps" with your bike. Be smart and take the class first, might just serve to save your bike and your ass. Lear to ride the track the right way first, you will enjoy it more.
Ken
He'll be ok, he bought the slower yellow one, lol. Welcome to the site. :bigfinger

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
Oh sure, it's common knowledge that the blue & white ones are faster. :laugh

Welcome :bigfinger

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
:bigfinger.....welcome from the west ...blue is defo the fastest color...:banana

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
its a good thing you didnt get an underpowered blue/white one or worse than that a TLS but welcome to the site man.:fingerlol
:ytiller

·
Registered
2,920 Posts
When he gets enough exp , he can just go and buy himself an "S" .
R = regular :thatsgay :pissleft , S = sexy: :hail :tillis
Welcome :bigfinger

1 - 20 of 22 Posts