TLZone Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Scooter hottie chauffeur
4,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
as long as people keep pointing to the plumbing and sayin' chit like... oh look, she is first to do this, that, or the other.... people are going to keep saying that there are differences between boys and girls:coocoo

I would vote for Margret Thatcher in a frickin SECOND... has nothing to do with her plumbing, has everything to do with her stand on many issues.

Pa'Lousy was pushed up by a party that does nothing but discriminate based on race, gender, sexual preference, yadda yadda yadda... She is in over her head... watch her fold after the tired bromides wear out... a hundred hours, yea that's about how long it will take of the novelty to wear off.

as long as we note "squat'a-pee's" did this, or did that.... it's just bull cheeze.

hey, some of my best friends are squat'a-pee's.

(just keep saying it over and over, kinda fast, and you will figure it out... all the ex navy or military guys will know 'zackly what i'm tryin to say)

·
Scooter hottie chauffeur
4,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
could have said it better my friend.

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
I think that old school Wax Trax Records (chicago, IL) label band the Revolting Cocks said it best. Yup, old school, circa 1992:

Stainless Steel Providers

Get around, get around, I get around

Stainless Steel Provider (x6)

Stainless steel providers,
Make it obvious-
We like driving the point home,
A hundred thousand vagabond insects
All making a meal out of stainless steel
You should kick away the watchword
And throw caution to the wind
Remember what it's like
When we are
Screaming dreaming, Screaming dreaming, Screaming dreaming,
Screaming dreaming, Screaming dreaming,
STAINLESS STEEL!

Stainless steel providers, Stainless steel providers,

Get around get around I get around
When it's time to go, I´m the first to know
A parasitic nation
Is it good enough for me?
I'll make you a mantra
From monkeys and carbombs
Beneath, Beneath, Beneath, Beneath, Beneath!

Quick locate and detonate your public enemy
Stainless steel, believe it's real,
It's all you mean to me
What's that sound, what's that sound
It bleeds efficiency
The way I feel on stainless steel,
And all it does to me

Stainless steel providers, Stainless steel providers,

Another tire
Let it catch on fire
A metal motor mantra
Makes you waste the time of day
You´ll sit on a timebomb, forever and ever
Now breathe, breathe, breathe, breathe,
BREATHE!

Quick locate and detonate your public enemy
Stainless steel, believe it's real,
It's all you mean to me
What's that sound, what's that sound
It bleeds efficiency
The way I feel on stainless steel,
And all it means to me

Stainless steel providers.... (fading)
</pre>

·
Registered
568 Posts
:cuckoo

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
I think what Gerhard's trying to say is that there's also a fair number of Dems on the board here who mostly hold their tongues when the political BS starts flying around here...so why even bring it up to begin with:coocoo
I think we all respect each other more when we discuss stuff we agree on (mostly).:)

·
Scooter hottie chauffeur
4,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
it was a Farcus topic... it takes a big man to hold his tongue...

but it takes bigger men to discuss things, disagree........ and not get disagreeable...

and I think that is the way people on this board interact. I disagree with many of the policies put fort, but I'm in the minority so I'll deal with it...

but the fact that they are pushing the gender thing... I thought we wen't supposed to discriminate based on gender... and yet gender seems to be the focal point... To discriminate "for" someone, means you are discriminating "against" someone...

It just seems hypocritical, espically from the party that claims that moral highground as their's and their's alone.

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Actually the Rev Co. song is about motorcycles, probably cruisers as you can hear a v-twin reving in the back at times during the song. But they got the stainless steel & chrome thing a bit confused. Probably 'cuz it was written before all that chrome stuff became all the TV induced rage. My TLS has lots of stainless steel fasteners on it as does my 86' GSXR1100. So it is a bike song, a v-twin song that hits home.

I have written some political stuff that wasn't really all that radical & the posts were yanked super fast & I was told to stop political threads. It is in the rules. Check them & stop. Period. OK, fine. But when others do it & their posts/threads are in "agreement" with those admins beliefs they turn the other way. "Hypocrites & maddogs, in leather" as Al Jourgensen would put it. So there is NO dialogue. It is scripted & censored. Which is why the "quick locate & detonate your public enemy" line fits extraordinarily well.

Members here have sent me threatening emails about a post I made that had political overtures & I am sick of being bullied by this crap period. One long time member even approached me at a bike show one month ago that I was working at & started out with the "you better not start your leftest crap with me" when he figured out who I was & he did this with his pichy "tough ass, hodlum look" while pointing his Bill O'Reilly esque finger at my face. This had threatening overtones written all over it. My boss is standing right next to me & yeah, this guy is a real tough shit - doing something like that in an environment where he knows I can't respond appropriately to his twisted, sick & repulsive behavior. Hey dude, your at a bike show, this is all about bikes! DUH. Sad.

But I am at the track this weekend so the rest of the lyrics make good sense to anyone who has ringed a big v-twin's neck out on a track more than a few times. It feels like you a sitting on a ticking time bomb, after that first warm up lap I almost always forget to breathe (so I tell myself to breathe, breathe, breathe) & that v-twin sound on the track turns heads as they can hear your ass a coming. It was a quick copy & paste off the Revolting Cocks website & made perfect sense to me at that particular moment. Just had finished loading my track bike in the truck, was finishing up posting up the contact info for TLexup & saw this thread. It made perfect sense to me.

I'm off to work at the track tomorrow early. First WERA race of the season. Jason DiSalvo, Jason Perez, Danny Eslick, Chris Ulrich, Brian Parriot (Beemer brigade out to do battle with the Duc's in HW Twins) and a few other AMA regulars out there goofing around. Was offered two possible wrenching gigs for the upcoming season. I have better things going on....

cya

·
Chief Moderator for my kids Julia & Kristen,
5,503 Posts
America was built on dissent and discussion. When healthy discussion ceases, we will cease to exist as a democracy. It is truly a pity what happened to Gerhard at the bike show. In fact, it is down right un American.

I may not agree with Gerhard on every issue, but that does not mean I haven't read his intelligently stated input with great interest and consideration. I for one feel ripped off that Gerhard feels he has been "silenced" from participating in political discussions on this board.

It is said not to discuss religion and politics. I suppose that is true if it involves people who refuse to approach their fellow man with respect and maturity. It seems clear to me that our friends overseas are better at this in general than Americans. If that is truly the state of the US, we are going downhill fast.

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
FWIW - Take the time to stop demonizing her & actually listen to what she has said & her analysis. You will quickly find she is very intelligent, isn't scared to not say something that may get some people pissed off & her analysis of situations is very deep & well thought out. No, I don't mean watching the FOX News short clips. That is worthless, out of context "character assassination" from the kings of spin. So what she really is happens to be the very opposite of the political dribble you put her out to be. So it is very easy to see where you got your misinformation from. Certainly not from seeing her speeches on CSPAN or reading the congressional record. Definitely a FOX news casualty. That is called propaganda & is very much a Karl Rove tactic on taking care of his political foes. Basically Rove's strategy is to take what that person is fighting against & turn it around & brand them as being exactly that. Do it hard, over & over and pound it in. Then those unsuspecting & unknowing people who digest that stuff look at the person as a freako. Look at the news snipets, what she supposedly is against & what we are saying she is & you can tell the person is just a scary freak. Only way to combat this is the truth. Shut the damn TV off...

So the right wing media demonized her way quickly as she intimidated them with what she actually said on the congressional floor. Take the time to read. Turn your radio & television off & read. Read the congressional records, not just the FOX news snipets of where they take one half of one sentence & change the entire meaning of what the person said & report the person as being a wacko. Ms. Pelossi & other super demonized individuals like Noam Chomsky forecast serious, serious issues about what would occur in Iraq after the war if the place wasn't kept in control. The region had hundreds & hundreds of years of serious violence between the Sunni's, Shiites & the Kurds and if there wasn't a strong man holding things together these people warned that place would turn into chaos. They were branded by the right wing media as being typical touchie, feely liberals that have no balls to fight. They were laughed off. Here we are almost 4 years later & no one in the right wing remembers this stuff. Typical Americana. 400 Billion dollars pissed away, 3,004 dead American soldiers, Halliburton and it's subsidiaries raking in billions & billions of dollars on no bid contracts to supply food & services for the troops. Read what she had to say during that time period (via congressional records) & you will discover the crap you get on your television what they pass for news is worthless. Instead of posting up the hate, use that energy for a positive & search the congressional record and actually read what she said so you can make an informed & educated decision.

And yes, I was told in a PM by a site admin no more political posts would be tolerated. That was about 2 years ago & I stopped. That was at the height of the propaganda being circulated saying your are either with us or against us & when people who questioned what other options there may be where branded with a swift "you are unAmerican" or "blame America first." Slick ass political propaganda straight out of Nazi era. Listen to us or STFU. Democracy at it's finest. But what is interesting is all these right wing slams against my political beliefs were allowed in posts without recourse. Little Rush Limbaugh leakages & hatred to others you've never met but are damn sure you know exactly how they think. I'd read them & shake my head as they never got pulled. Now it's gotten to the point where threads are even up & going.

So what's my reaction supposed to be?

I'll tell you what it is. It's WTF?

Yeah WTF.

Instead of spending your hatred & energy on those you don't even know do something positive to someone who rips people off in your own community. Where are all those guys here that profess to being tough & loathe being "weak" when you really need somone to step to the plate & do something that may be unpleasant like talking to someone who ripped one of your fellow members off? Talk & posing is cheap.

Like the seller of exhaust systems at a discount who lives in N. Cali who obviously tried to steal money from bx-459 & another member in Australia back in November of 2005. I jumped in & dealt with the guy who lied repeatedly, had stupid stories that never panned out & never gave us tracking info. After major teeth pulling over several months both exhaust systems were delivered, 7 & 10 months after they were purchased. Admins here were kept in contact throughout my dealings with this crooked seller & this guy was never banned. SteveTLS got cc'd during all the emails on this as a backup & he was one that was cool enough to care & asked me to please cc him. :hail That was close to $2,000 of members' money the guy tried to pocket & the other admins/mods here decided no recourse for this thief.

Why?

I am pretty sure it was due to one moderator here having bought an exhaust system from him & the deal went through without issue. This sale occurred before BX's sour deal but no matter. A few months later I didn't even mention the member name of the guy in a post about recent site thieves, how he was from N.Cali & he sold exhaust system's & didn't deliver them. I rec'd a PM threat from this guy telling me if I continued this stuff on this website he knew where I lived & he would get it to stop! Since he shipped both the systems to me & I sent one to BX in Japan & the other to Australia he knew where I lived. I forwarded this threatening PM to several mods & an admin here and no one, NOT ONE MOD HERE EVEN BOTHERED TO RETURN MY MESSAGE. Sweet. This crooked seller is still a member here & is a protected thief. I emailed BX back & forth on this ignored PM one & we both shook our heads in utter disbelief.

POLITICS.

POLITICS.

POLITICS.

POLITICS.

:puke

·
Registered
211 Posts
what class are you racing in. i got a friend in the wera. #392 victor pena.
Actually the Rev Co. song is about motorcycles, probably cruisers as you can hear a v-twin reving in the back at times during the song. But they got the stainless steel & chrome thing a bit confused. Probably 'cuz it was written before all that chrome stuff became all the TV induced rage. My TLS has lots of stainless steel fasteners on it as does my 86' GSXR1100. So it is a bike song, a v-twin song that hits home.

I have written some political stuff that wasn't really all that radical & the posts were yanked super fast & I was told to stop political threads. It is in the rules. Check them & stop. Period. OK, fine. But when others do it & their posts/threads are in "agreement" with those admins beliefs they turn the other way. "Hypocrites & maddogs, in leather" as Al Jourgensen would put it. So there is NO dialogue. It is scripted & censored. Which is why the "quick locate & detonate your public enemy" line fits extraordinarily well.

Members here have sent me threatening emails about a post I made that had political overtures & I am sick of being bullied by this crap period. One long time member even approached me at a bike show one month ago that I was working at & started out with the "you better not start your leftest crap with me" when he figured out who I was & he did this with his pichy "tough ass, hodlum look" while pointing his Bill O'Reilly esque finger at my face. This had threatening overtones written all over it. My boss is standing right next to me & yeah, this guy is a real tough shit - doing something like that in an environment where he knows I can't respond appropriately to his twisted, sick & repulsive behavior. Hey dude, your at a bike show, this is all about bikes! DUH. Sad.

But I am at the track this weekend so the rest of the lyrics make good sense to anyone who has ringed a big v-twin's neck out on a track more than a few times. It feels like you a sitting on a ticking time bomb, after that first warm up lap I almost always forget to breathe (so I tell myself to breathe, breathe, breathe) & that v-twin sound on the track turns heads as they can hear your ass a coming. It was a quick copy & paste off the Revolting Cocks website & made perfect sense to me at that particular moment. Just had finished loading my track bike in the truck, was finishing up posting up the contact info for TLexup & saw this thread. It made perfect sense to me.

I'm off to work at the track tomorrow early. First WERA race of the season. Jason DiSalvo, Jason Perez, Danny Eslick, Chris Ulrich, Brian Parriot (Beemer brigade out to do battle with the Duc's in HW Twins) and a few other AMA regulars out there goofing around. Was offered two possible wrenching gigs for the upcoming season. I have better things going on....

cya

·
Chief Moderator for my kids Julia & Kristen,
5,503 Posts
I consider The Daily Show with Jon Stewart to be a more reliable news source than Fox. :lol

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
No racing for me. Physically it just won't work. Some days I can walk & others I can barely hobble around due to atmospheric conditions. Too inconsistant to do anything like commiting to racing at this point. Wrenching can work as on a team if I am in pain & not mobile there are always things I can do. Finally got over most of the frustration associated with getting my track bike prepped & ready to go just to find out a little while before I want to go out & ride my bad leg says no go. Trying to go racing would just drive me insane. Now a days I just remind myself we will be back out at the track in a week or possibly two so it isn't the end of the world if I can't ride. When you are racing missing a round or two can just destroy your goal. Maybe in a few years this physical BS will go away & I will be able to do it? I keep training hard & beating on it so who knows? Currently I get to ride out there pretty much whenever I want so that works for me.

I'm working for WERA, specifically in the WERA West series as a Race Official which is a side gig for me. Good group of people & they put on a good show, are serious & have an emphasis on keeping things as safe and sane out there as humanly possible. No cutting corners because of lazyness & if it is too dangerous out there they shut things down - not worth it getting someone killed or maimed out there. I respect that...

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
And to see how many distortions & out and out lies are spewing forth out of all the major news outlets you have an independant media watch organization that does fact checking & includes video clips from these news outlets & tell you how much fact that they spew forth is outright lies. They watch everyone (CNN, FOX, ABC, CBS, NBC & the major newspapers) & they are all doing it these days. It is profitable for them to lie as their major advertisers want them to in order to push their agenda at any cost. So how much are these guys lieing to you & shaping your view of the world as a place it really isn't? A place that does not exist except in the brainwashed masses in the US.

Here is one of the better ones:

http://mediamatters.org/about_us/

another good one:

http://www.fair.org/index.php

Think for yourself, regurgitating the pundits hate does nothing but empower them to take your rights (& money) away.

·
Registered
2,879 Posts
And to see how many distortions & out and out lies are spewing forth out of all the major news outlets you have an independant media watch organization that does fact checking & includes video clips from these news outlets & tell you how much fact that they spew forth is outright lies. They watch everyone (CNN, FOX, ABC, CBS, NBC & the major newspapers) & they are all doing it these days. It is profitable for them to lie as their major advertisers want them to in order to push their agenda at any cost. So how much are these guys lieing to you & shaping your view of the world as a place it really isn't? A place that does not exist except in the brainwashed masses in the US.

Here is one of the better ones:

http://mediamatters.org/about_us/

another good one:

http://www.fair.org/index.php

Think for yourself, regurgitating the pundits hate does nothing but empower them to take your rights (& money) away.
it's nearly futile. The extreme 10% on either side focus on the other sides extreme 10%, and the 50% of the country in the middle says nothing and get's ignored....totally unproductive, and far left and far right do absolutely ZERO good for the country. imop.

·
Registered
612 Posts
rifleman - I want someone to smack that bitch down - "America was built on dissent" I agree, **** you all !!

·
Super Mod,
3,568 Posts
Like the seller of exhaust systems at a discount who lives in N. Cali who obviously tried to steal money from bx-459 & another member in Australia back in November of 2005. I jumped in & dealt with the guy who lied repeatedly, had stupid stories that never panned out & never gave us tracking info. After major teeth pulling over several months both exhaust systems were delivered, 7 & 10 months after they were purchased. Admins here were kept in contact throughout my dealings with this crooked seller & this guy was never banned. SteveTLS got cc'd during all the emails on this as a backup & he was one that was cool enough to care & asked me to please cc him. :hail That was close to $2,000 of members' money the guy tried to pocket & the other admins/mods here decided no recourse for this thief.

Why?

I am pretty sure it was due to one moderator here having bought an exhaust system from him & the deal went through without issue. This sale occurred before BX's sour deal but no matter. A few months later I didn't even mention the member name of the guy in a post about recent site thieves, how he was from N.Cali & he sold exhaust system's & didn't deliver them. I rec'd a PM threat from this guy telling me if I continued this stuff on this website he knew where I lived & he would get it to stop! Since he shipped both the systems to me & I sent one to BX in Japan & the other to Australia he knew where I lived. I forwarded this threatening PM to several mods & an admin here and no one, NOT ONE MOD HERE EVEN BOTHERED TO RETURN MY MESSAGE. Sweet. This crooked seller is still a member here & is a protected thief. I emailed BX back & forth on this ignored PM one & we both shook our heads in utter disbelief.
Admin hat off…

Nice way to bring me into this.

For the amount of spew that came out of your key board you managed to tell only a half story, in turn making the political rant quite hypocritical.

Hat back on…

Mark as been selling these systems since before the days of TLP. He is not some fly-by-night operation that put up a for sale post and ****ed over a lot of people. Yes, he made some mistakes with how things were handled and should have dealt with them in a more professional manner.

In my position I need to walk the fine line between someone who as made a mistake and those who truly have deliberately screwed over members. This needs to be done with a civilized and unbiased approached. No matter how loud someone is yelling on one side of the issue (You), I need to look at the full picture not just where someone has taken up a cause. Mark is still selling and delivering systems. Have a look at his feedback. All that work you put into making him a scammer and NOT 1 negative feed back of the 43 total he has (31 of them from unique members).

You have a personal issue with Mark which you turn around use against the very people who make this forum available to you... That is politics at its best.

·
Who loves you
3,370 Posts
I have PM'ed you twice Gerhard.

I am the admin whom at the time told you no more political threads. That was on TLPlanet not here and it was at the bequest of the then boss. I have my political beliefs just like you do, however I think that everyone should get to say what they want, regardless of whether it matches up to what I think. Therefore, the only time you will ever see me ask someone to refrain or to pull a thread/post is when it becomes a personal attack.

I also hope you know that we have never had anything but the best interests of the members here. If you sent me something about the exhaust issue and I did not respond it is because I missed the message. I have taken up for you on occasion and I appreciate how you take up for other members when they cannot do it for themselves.

So, how about responding to my PM's.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts