TLZone Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
air con / heaters , opperated by a joy stick :) & good money.
i may yet get to keep the SP1 , TLs , XR & have my KTM 950 SE :devious

nephew just bought a new chipper & another forwarder.
ill be opperating these (in the pics).
start training around 2 weeks time down the SE of S.A working in the pine forests & hard wood forests , rubbish tips etc.
the only 2 mobile units in the southern australia. theres on in QLD not opperational & one opperating in tazmania ? or new zealand ?

all bigguns:

between the pile of wood chips & chipper you'll see some crap on the ground.
thats the metal picked up from the magnet after its been through the machine. nails to car cams seperated from the good wood chips/mulch depending on which size screens you use.

600HP cat & the mouth on this thing is about 2000mm across.

·
Registered
11,001 Posts
...check out what the Japanese drive:laugh...(and that's a large one:yes)...

·
Premium Member
7,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
...check out what the Japanese drive:laugh...(and that's a large one:yes)...
serious :dowhat

you could near fit 4 of those in the infeed of the chipper :laugh

come to think of it in the philippines theres not much room IE: trafic conjestion so its realy not silly as long it does the job. & as the asians say (well in the philippines anyway) whats not done today is a job tomorrow. thats why there so slow :banghead when you need something quick.

·
Moderator,
8,243 Posts
As far as I'm concerned, anything with 600 HP has to be good. :laugh Did you know the space shuttle has about 2,000,000 HP? :devious

·
Registered
4,047 Posts
Giant Tonka Toys.... I love it... what fun!

·
Registered
764 Posts
Good luck with training and have fun.:cheers

·
Premium Member
6,671 Posts
We were doing some work a couple of years ago clearing cuttings of vegetation and the company we contracted brought in a pair of machine from the states - an 8 wheel drive unit that was fully articulated (each axles could rotate through 90 degrees in each direction independant of the next, it looked like a caterpillar crawiling over uneven ground) that could hold a 1m dia trunk, cut it, drop it, then feed it into the chipper that came with it that took trunks up to 1800mm, and it just munched it into chunks like that - awesome to watch it being fed whole trees one end, and wood-chip coming out the other :dowhat Not something to get caught up in (unless you're fed up of the wife :devious )

Good Luck in the new job. Brush up on it here :) :)

·
Moderator,
14,795 Posts
thats cool powerful machines :thumbup just stay clear of the woodchipper when it´s in work :yes

·
Premium Member
7,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
yeh that chipper if your to fall in you'd want to be head first so you dont feel it.
you goy any enimes or persons owing mony to you :devious :laugh
:idea i can be a contract TLzone mafia :laugh (just like in the PINK FLOYD the wall movie with the mincer) :laugh

you should have no reason to be in it or on it when running. its all done by a remote control.

yeh they eat hole trees with ease. & car cams (it choped one up to say about 100cm pieces) :laugh
here's some specs on these things: http://www.vermeermfg.com/vcom/EnvironmentalEquipment/Line/PrdlnID/39643/horizontal-grinders.htm

the only part im dreading is packing later redy for the removalists to take our gear to MT GAMBIER :banghead big job.

yeh so until then im just doing work here & there until the time comes.
just finished 3 hrs rendering coins on pillars out side subway take away building here in murray bridge with my father was an easy $100AUD.
next week got a hole week putty coating a house inside job with my father.

·
Premium Member
7,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
We were doing some work a couple of years ago clearing cuttings of vegetation and the company we contracted brought in a pair of machine from the states - an 8 wheel drive unit that was fully articulated (each axles could rotate through 90 degrees in each direction independant of the next, it looked like a caterpillar crawiling over uneven ground) that could hold a 1m dia trunk, cut it, drop it, then feed it into the chipper that came with it that took trunks up to 1800mm, and it just munched it into chunks like that - awesome to watch it being fed whole trees one end, and wood-chip coming out the other :dowhat Not something to get caught up in (unless you're fed up of the wife :devious )

Good Luck in the new job. Brush up on it here :) :)

linky not work mate :O :)

ERROR
The requested URL could not be retrieved

While trying to retrieve the URL: http://www.are.cistron.nl/monty/audio/lumberjack.wav

The following error were encountered:

* Access Denied.

·
Premium Member
6,671 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts