TLZone Forums banner

Finally rode today...

605 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  coyo 
#1 ·
It's been a horrible winter up here. I usually try to ride at least once a month over the winter and that's been a lot easier since getting the DRZ (I'm a lot less likely to ride the TL in less-than-favourable conditions) but today was my first ride since November.

I took out the DRZ as it was looking like I wouldn't have it much longer and as I rode I (finally) realized that it's no longer what I want now that I'm living out from the city (http://www.tlzone.net/forums/motardzone/107073-drzsm-something-else.html)

The DRZ just wasn't doing it for me until I got into a small city as I rode aimlessly then it was great in town. Passing on the highway was more painful then I remember. YZF426 here I come.

That said it was GREAT to ride again, now I just gotta get tires for the TL and take it out!

#2 ·
:thumbup

#3 ·
ya its finally warmed up here too gonna get the forks off tomarrow to get them rebuilt this week hopefully

hell i was working in milwaukee this week a 10mile wide by 20 mile long area caught a storm that come off the lake mon, got 10-14 in of snow everywhere around not a flake. then it was 62 yesterday and 55 today.......messed up wi weather and damn lake effect snow:D

#4 ·
hi coyo

its great to be out again took my first rideout myself the other day just a mdoest 30mile round trip just to blow the cobwebs away and to get the tl back into life since the xmas lay away went down normal roads not country mostly 30-50mph just to break her in nicely nothing happened either.

but on another note it felt amazing to be in the saddle again and i dont know if it was me it took a few miles to get my bike brain back into gear has anyone else had this problem?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.