TLZone Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well fellas, as you can tell by the title, I went down the other night. I was in the process of merging from the left thru lane to the right thru lane to make it through the traffic light. So I checked my blind spot, it was clear, accelerated into the right lane and as soon as I started picking up speed a BIG ASS F350 pick-up merged into my path..:rant :rant He claimed that he never saw me. Anyway, as I saw him merging, I started braking and when I went over the right turn arrow in the road the bike started sliding. I barely touched the truck and it threw me down to the left. I went down at a fairly lower speed than it could have been. When I went down I bumped the car in the left lane with my shoulder fairly hard, the whole while I was thinking, "This car is gonna take off and run something over." I got up and lifted the bike up. I had intentions on riding the bike home until I put the sidestand down and the left side rear set was on the ground beside it. "Dammit Man!!!!" Luckily the guy was cool enough to take my bike home on the truck. I was wearing my gear, however when the shifter broke off, it tore through my pants leg and into the meat on my knee. I ended up in the hospital gettin a few stitches and being sent home. Only thing really wrong with the bike is the plastic on the left side needing some paint, the left mirror needing replacing, a new left rearset and shifter, the right side ram air duct and inner fairing, and maybe a new riight side fairing. Like I said, I was wearing my gear and its times like these that you really really understand the worth of your gear. I think to times at Myrtle Beach Bike Week when I don't hardly wear any gear. I'm just thankful that it wasnt any worse than it was. I look forward to coming back out next season harder than ever...

·
Premium Member
4,013 Posts
That sucks man, sorry to hear. Glad you weren't hurt too bad though, that really is the important thing.
Besides you could be in my shoes, with your bikes already in storage for the next five months :(

·
Registered
871 Posts
Glad your ok!!!! Sounds like things could have been alot worse and it also sounds like you have a fairly easy fix ahead of you!:)

·
Scooter hottie chauffeur
4,663 Posts
any wad up you can walk away from is a good one.

I have all the OEM rear set stuff. If your mounts on the frame are all still there, should be able to get you back up and running toot sweet in that area.

as always, save the broken bits, lots of them can be pulled back from the dead. Levers and pedals... rashed plastics sell for about half the new OEM price on Ebay and they always sell.

glad to hear you are ok, heal up, shoot me a PM and I'll get you what you need.

·
Registered
2,879 Posts
...and what can't be put back on make great garage decoration :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts