TLZone Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got round to doing the modifications that I've been wanting to do for ages and oh my god have they made a difference :)
First up was source a gsxr1000k8 front end which I duly got from America and then get the forks re sprung revalved,oiled and set up for my weight which has made a massive differnce in the handling stakes.
I have then got new AP radial calipers, discs and master cylinder so that stopping on a penny is no problem with two fingers.
Finally put the SV1000 chin spoiler on to finish it off.
The only thing that I'm waiting for is a nice set of Dymag wheels that I've ordered which are white magnesium 5 spoke inners with carbon fibre rims which hopefully will be ready in about a week.
I have also put in HID's with blue halo's which I saw alex4danatls do although the clear haedlight protector I used got broke when a stone from my mates bike got thrown up off his back wheel so I have put the original front of the headlight back on and it still seems bright at night although the halo's aren't as obvious.

·
Registered
7,791 Posts
Lots of work done on this bike...
The front end is so yummie yummie :drool
I am not so sure about the white magnesium/carbon rims... Carbon will be sweet... White? I don't know.... Maybe black would be better :O

·
Registered
623 Posts
Great looking S man :drool

·
Registered
13,114 Posts
Nice work!!

if you got some 4mm lexan and laid it over the original headlight glass with a bit of felt between and got busy with a heat gun or hair dryer it should take the shape and then you could cut it to shape to get the clear look back again .

·
Moderator,
14,795 Posts
hell yeah :hail

thoose mirrors maybe been up before but what kind, hard to mount .....

·
TLOTM Sept. '08
1,629 Posts
Awesome job! The Dymags will complete the picture so perfectly.
Looks like OEM 08 GSXR front wheel on there for now I think?

Like Gigas, I'm also curious about the rotor diameter but I suspect the large spacers more to do with the calipers which don't have any mounting shoulder vs the OEMs?

Interested in how you find the 28mm offset (appears you used the late model tree/top clamp) - what difference do you feel with that? Technically should be slower steering, but definitely help against instabilities to steering head shake. I see however you went with a damper anyway.
With my 30mm offset (07 750 forks/triples) I don't have much frame of comparitive reference because I didn't have chance to ride it much before the frontendectomy, but it definitely feels stable secure, yet not slow to turn. Probably also helped by the rear Ohlins damper but no need felt at this point for damper.

All I can say is glad you already won TLOTM and I wasn't participating in same month!
(hey, go figure - 3 black TLS in a row for TLOTM!!)

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Awesome job! The Dymags will complete the picture so perfectly.
Looks like OEM 08 GSXR front wheel on there for now I think?

Like Gigas, I'm also curious about the rotor diameter but I suspect the large spacers more to do with the calipers which don't have any mounting shoulder vs the OEMs?

Interested in how you find the 28mm offset (appears you used the late model tree/top clamp) - what difference do you feel with that? Technically should be slower steering, but definitely help against instabilities to steering head shake. I see however you went with a damper anyway.
With my 30mm offset (07 750 forks/triples) I don't have much frame of comparitive reference because I didn't have chance to ride it much before the frontendectomy, but it definitely feels stable secure, yet not slow to turn. Probably also helped by the rear Ohlins damper but no need felt at this point for damper.

All I can say is glad you already won TLOTM and I wasn't participating in same month!
(hey, go figure - 3 black TLS in a row for TLOTM!!)
The rotor diameters are 320mm hence thes need for the big spacers but like you said this is also due to not having any mounting shoulders on the calipers.
I don't have any problems with change of direction or turn in and it is a lot more stable, should be even better once I have the new wheels due to less weight thus less gyroscopic effects.

·
TLOTM Sept. '08
1,629 Posts
...should be even better once I have the new wheels due to less weight thus less gyroscopic effects.
I have Dymags on my Triumph - big noticable difference vs stock.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I was running marvic penta II 5 spoke but need new wheels with having the gsxr front end

1 - 17 of 17 Posts