TLZone Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After months of being in peices, getting my frame welded..finally back together.


 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,001 Posts
...nice red:thumbup
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
this was halfway done
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
this is a close up of the weld and custom stainless plate on the outside of the mount..should be stronger than stock now
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
11,457 Posts
Please don't tell me you put the stock SOAS back in. :eek
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
it was painfull delt...but i had no choice this season, didnt have the funds for an ohlins or bitubo, definitly for the spring though. I am just glad i salvaged a few weeks of the fall riding season :)
 

·
Moderator,
Joined
·
14,795 Posts
looking good :thumbup
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,498 Posts
damn thats sucks allthat work and time...........i would have let it sit and saved for a bitubo and not worry bout the frame cracked there
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,386 Posts
:thumbup Way to go Adam :thumbup
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
hey, thanks john..i think the problem was the image host..i switched to image shack..solved the problem..so you got a nail in your tire on the way home sunday?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,386 Posts
adam57 said:
hey, thanks john..i think the problem was the image host..i switched to image shack..solved the problem..so you got a nail in your tire on the way home sunday?
Actually I noticed it when we were at Starbucks. It was holding air so I didn't touch it. (Damn, it's a new tire too. :banghead ) I was hoping it was small and didn't go all the way through but, it did. I'll have to take the wheel off and bring it to Cycle Gear this weekend. I'm hoping they can put a patch inside the tire instead of a plug. An inner tube is another option but I'd rather not have the extra weight.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
285 Posts
Cycle gear cant patch it a legal thing, but you could have them open it up so you can, but like everyone says it is best to get a new tire. And you best bet also is get the tire guard warranty that cycle gear has on at least your rear tire since that is the tire that most people get nails in.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,386 Posts
TL Mike said:
Cycle gear cant patch it a legal thing, but you could have them open it up so you can, but like everyone says it is best to get a new tire. And you best bet also is get the tire guard warranty that cycle gear has on at least your rear tire since that is the tire that most people get nails in.
Well, I guess an inner tube will have to do. Can't see throwing away a new tire. The tire guard warranty will definitly be on the next one though.

Thanks Mike :thumbup
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,982 Posts
Adam-- good looking bike.....for a TLS....LOL
Voodoo-- if you were closer I would patch it for you....and not even charge you...you just supply the patch.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,690 Posts
Yeh thats a lovely Red mate - nice S :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,386 Posts
Fastrider77 said:
Adam-- good looking bike.....for a TLS....LOL
Voodoo-- if you were closer I would patch it for you....and not even charge you...you just supply the patch.
I appreciate the thought Fastrider. Have you ever run a tire with a patch inside? Does it hold up?
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Top