TLZone Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up my 2000 TLR yesterday rode for good part of the day. I was out last night and it shut off got it fired but the FI light came on I was less than a mile form the house so I rode it home light started to blink shut it off came bsck out after 10 min fire up no problem running good no lights nothing was running pretty warm fans kicked on then few later the bike shut off and looked had a bunch of coolant under the bike looked around saw nothing started it up rode it 10 minutes ran at 195-200 degrees and no lights nothing any idea what might have happen? what should I look for before I ride it again?

·
Upside Down Super Mod,
29,855 Posts
You need to put it into dealer mode when the light is lit to get an idea of what is wrong. If it's a sensor fault the temperature will alternate between the coolant temperature and "FI"

Top up your overflow bottle and radiator. Maybe the LED came on because it went over 248F :dunno What temperature was being displayed when the LED was on?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I pulled the right fairing today overflow was empty and rad was 3/4 full topped it and filled the overflow to the line fired it up ran good then I noticed the down pipe was bright bright glowing red then few sec later bike shut off and went back to the FI light and didnt want to fire after that todays temp was under 200 and I didnt notice the fan come on

·
Upside Down Super Mod,
29,855 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Put it into dealer mode and read off the code >> http://wotid.com/tls/content/view/54/60/

Glowing header pipes aren't unusual when not moving with the engine running.
I am going to work on the bike tomorrow I also forgot to mention that the bike has a high idle the tach says 2500-3000 rpm any thing under that the bike will stall and die I try to play with the manual idle lever but dont want to run high RPMs and also dont what it to stall when taking off

·
Registered
39 Posts
Sounds like it's just running on one cylinder. Spray water on the exhaust pipe where it comes out of the engine with the engine running. If the water doesn't evaporate right away you've located the faulty cylinder.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Steve i just got the bike running almost perfect idle was great ran 20 min at idle fan came on when ready the shut off checked code came up -c23?
what can i do or whatneeds to be done the bike does need a new battery we have to jump it with a jump box could this add to the problem?

What did you do to get it idling properly?

C23 is the tip over switch, is it mounted properly? Fix the TOS, check it's orientation.

There are lot's of threads out there on the C23 Tip over sensor faults. I've posted images of what the TOS looks like opened up and how it works. It's all out there.

I wouldn't bother playing with the bike until you have a good, fully charged battery in it.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
we adjusted the idle screw on the left side fairing/frame and had the manual idle all the way off and it idled great for the 20 minutes

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Can any one tell me why the upper frame section that goes between the inside of my legs gets so hot ? I can not rest my leg to close or it will burn and is to hot to touch even after riding some distance?

·
Upside Down Super Mod,
29,855 Posts
That's because TLR = Testicles Lightly Roasted. It's the way it is.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts