TLZone Forums banner
1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First some history on me...

I'm an Avionics back shop technician for the Air Force, actually I'm the section chief, been working on radio, RADAR and navigation systems troubleshooting and repair for over 13 years along with 2 years of just circuit card repair and special projects. I am also trained on 2M Micro/Miniature soldering and circuit/circuit card repair. So I find myself qualified to handle this kind of project, maybe you will too...

What I plan to do...

I have searched and found all the necessary bits and pieces to build smart TREs. These will be plug and play with OEM style connectors since there will be one on my bike I want them to be right. The price will be low since I have found all the plans and info here on the Zone and want to give something back and have no need of a huge profit margin.

I plan to build about 15 of these. They will be set up with the 15K ohm resistor, basically they're for TLRs. I can possibly build some for 'Busas and GSXRs using the 6.8K ohm set up if there is interest.

They will not be active while your bike is in neutral and will be as soon as you put the bike in gear. You will need a working neutral light or the circuit will be incomplete and the TRE will not operate correctly.

Most all of your questions and concerns can be answered using the serch function... but I will answer questions either way.

Expect the price to be somewhere in the neighborhood of $12 to $15 plus shipping. I am stationed in Europe so I can ship easily. I'm military and have use of the USPS on base so I can ship to the US cheap too. Basically I'll ship to anyone, but down under will take a bit longer.

When? Hopefully they will be done before the middle of Feb. in plenty of time for the upcoming spring.

So, if you are interested please post up as it will be first come first served based on this thread and not my PM box...

Also- I have payed for a Silver subscription under the email [email protected] so if your a mod or TLZ owner please note that and don't zap this thread.

·
Registered
6,279 Posts
i'll take one.

have you looked into getting the connectors for the 97 two-wire gps? if so, i'd like one for my trackbike

·
Registered
911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i'll take one.

have you looked into getting the connectors for the 97 two-wire gps? if so, i'd like one for my trackbike

I had a hard time finding the 3 wire... I can possibly build one for a 97 without connectors at all. I have to look into it, I'll get back to you on that one.

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
in :) my good man

·
Registered
7,791 Posts
I had a hard time finding the 3 wire... I can possibly build one for a 97 without connectors at all. I have to look into it, I'll get back to you on that one.
I could use one for the 97 if you can create a smart TRE for us.....

·
Registered
911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
May have the 97 TLS worked out...

I think I have a setup that will work on the 97 TLS. It will only work for you guys if you have the "upgrade" ECU from Suzuki, the factory recall one. The original ECU didn't have the timing retard so this will have no effect if that is the case. The install won't be plug and play since I don't have OEM connectors plus you will have to run a wire to the battery. I'll supply instructions and it will have enough wire on it to do this.

This is moving fairly quickly and I have ordered all but one of the parts I need but should have it on order in a couple of days. These units main body will be very small, no more than 1 inch square at the maximum. They may even be smaller than that, I'll know once I get the prototype built up.

The list so far:

1. tornado- 1ea TLR
2. tornado- 1ea 97TLS
3. billy_tlr- 1ea TLR
4. Gigas- 1ea 97TLS
5. Puppet- 1ea TLR

·
Premium Member
1,076 Posts
My neutral light is not working at the moment .. but this TRE will be a good escuse to fix it ... Put me down on the list 98 TLS with 3 wires GPS

Thanks Tim :hail

·
Registered
911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
TLR= 3 wire setup, will work for 3 wire TLS as well
97TLS= 2 wire setup

1. tornado- 1ea TLR
2. tornado- 1ea 97TLS
3. billy_tlr- 1ea TLR
4. Gigas- 1ea 97TLS
5. Puppet- 1ea TLR
6. TLexup- 1ea TLR

·
Premium Member
1,076 Posts
Only TLS 97 has a two wires GPS..... TLS 98 and ahead and all TLR has the same 3 wires GPS :)

edit: same thing you said ja,ja,ja,ja....Maybe I should read slowly

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Me to please...TLR

·
Registered
911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
TLR= 3 wire setup, will work for 3 wire TLS as well
97TLS= 2 wire setup

1. tornado- 1ea TLR
2. tornado- 1ea 97TLS
3. billy_tlr- 1ea TLR
4. Gigas- 1ea 97TLS
5. Puppet- 1ea TLR
6. TLexup- 1ea TLR
7. TimTLR- 1ea TLR
8. richara3- 1ea TLR

·
Registered
878 Posts
Awesome price, I got snaked for mine on ebay for something stupid, like 50 bucks

·
Registered
73 Posts
what the hell...I'm in too (lets see if there is a difference between Lowery's switchable and urs).....:confused .....03 TLR

·
Registered
7,791 Posts
Awesome price, I got snaked for mine on ebay for something stupid, like 50 bucks

Yeah.. it's ridiculous to pay these amounts for something so cheap, that's why I built mine for just a couple of Euros of cost and with Steve's directions.
It's not a smart one, switch TRE only, so now it would be nice to try Tom's clever TRE.....

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
Me too me too...

·
Registered
627 Posts
I'll take one: 1997 TLS

1 - 20 of 66 Posts