TLZone Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone been thru phase 1 at the FAST school in Shannonville? Got my spot reserved and wondering what to expect. I've heard good things...just waiting for the Spring now!
Thanks

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
That track would be a blast. I took the race school at Race City in Calgary on my first 99 TLR. That was money well spent. Hopefully my current 98 TLR will visit Shannonville one day! How much is it going to cost for the FAST school? Are you taking the TLR out there?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Using your own bike and gear, it's $300 for each 1 day session. Using their bike and riding equipment, it's $500. I've decided to use their machine...they're all track-ready, and I don't want to get into taping up the glass, and preparing mine for the track. Got my spot and an SV650 reserved, but they also have R6's and GSXR600's.
I've heard from a guy who knows some guys, etc etc... that the improvements they noticed after the course were phenomenal.
Just a little over 4 months to go!

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
Sounds sweet, enjoy :thumbup

the next 4 months are gonna take forever :laugh

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
did the phase one on an sv650. learned a ton !! i do track days there now on the TLRR. mosport is only 15 minutes away from me too :) Still love toronto international speedway best.

do the one training day to get ya started.. then trackday your butt off on your own ride. Pick up skill from other riders till your in hotshoe class. :) life is good keep the rubber side down.
Seems scary at first but you'll relax and get the hang of it.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm about 5 minutes south of Mosport...spent some time at the north area watching the track. I guy I work with knows some riders who do track days there through some of the vintage clubs. Hoping to get in on that next season.

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
damb.... sounds like we should organize a track day together. I'm in

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
dsly1:

They're going to let me know when they get organized for Mosport. I think he said it was $100 for 4 half-hour sessions, or something like that. I don't know the details yet, but I'll keep you posted when I hear something.

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
$100 :eek it usually around 180.. i'm in either way... cost me 70 bucks in gas just go to toronto international so its about even.

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
still droolin :)

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Me too... Already planning when I'm leaving and what route I'm going to take to get there.
With any luck you and I have, what, 7 or 8 weeks before the season can potentially start?
This is the first winter I had thoughts of moving somewhere I can ride year round...

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
First year... hahaha.. always on my mind.. Although i live so close to mosport.. i've never ridden it.. always shannonville or toronto international..

Can't freakin wait for the real track :p

·
Registered
233 Posts
Anyone been thru phase 1 at the FAST school in Shannonville? Got my spot reserved and wondering what to expect.
if i wasnt so low on cash i'd go back to shannonville fast and do all 3 phases back to back.

My only regret about going there was doing phase 1 only :p

you'll like the SV its fun and since the i4s are all limited to aprox 75% throtle you can be #1 with some work in the curves (the i4s are still a little faster on the straights)

altho that was like 2 years ago so maybe they changed a bit...

btw watch out on turns 5 and 6 with the sv the ground clearance is....hum how should i put it...lets say...lacking?

Turn 1 (once your tires are nice and warm and you have proper experience) is doable with only a fraction of a second of braking before leaning in (just enough to load the forks a bit) then you can keep it pretty much close to WOT (but not full as that will most likely send you flying off at the apex as i almost did..stupid squirmy pilot sports)

anyways the track is beautiful the teachers are nice the owner is cool the gear is great...if they gave me a tent, food and 24/7 access to the track id be living right in its center right now lol i mean...who needs any other money if you can race to your heart's content, have enough food to live and a tent? i think id be a cheap employee...think i should send em esume ? lol

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks for the info!
If I could afford it, I'd like to do all 3 phases, but not just yet... Plus the second and third phase days were pretty much full up in December when I booked mine.
I chose the SV 'cause I thought it'd be closer to my TLS than the R6 or the GSXR. Maybe not, but the twins have got my attention!
I've never been to Shannonville except to watch the drags. Looking forward to getting down there.

And I see you're in Montreal? I'm headed there the end of March for a week. Any good bike shops you know of? maybe doing some shopping!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts