TLZone Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found out that Farepack Hampers have gone bust.My wife is an agent for them. Only has a few customers ( family & friends) we have lost best part of £1500 plus her commission ourselves:banghead :banghead and the wife is just out giving the bad news to everyone else. Anyone else get caught?

·
Registered
104 Posts
yep, we lost £240.00, funny that the last payment was made when they did this as the vouchers were due to come out at the end of the month.

·
Premium Member
6,671 Posts
Tlspilot said:
Anyone else get caught?
Fortunately no, we just save our Tesco Clubcard points through the year :)

Sympathies to those caught though - typically those who can afford to lose it least :( There should be some sort of legal protection for the funds held in these so-called "savings" schemes :rant :banghead

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
:stupid Most of the people Samantha dealt with need this sort of thing because its the only way they can save for Xmas. Next year we will just open a bank acc for Xmas funds.

·
Registered
2,644 Posts
A work colleague's wife's agent has been done for the best part of £5000 :rant

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just saw latest on the news and apparently trading in the parent company shares was suspended in August.

Samantha did the rounds last night letting everyone know. She was very upset when she got back as many of her customers are one parent or low income families. She has paid around £20,000 to Farepack. The company was "insured" but with insufficient cover. The news report said there are about 180,000 customers in total.

·
Registered
3,673 Posts
What a nightmare!!!!!!!

I think you guys should be taking up one of my pre-pay debit cards!

We are controlled by the FSA and Customs!!!

You can treat this like a bank account - but you don't need a credit history check etc (as there's no credit) and you basically put funds on the card and then save/spend to suit!

Useable anywhere you see the MasterCard logo!!!! (domestic and international POS and ATMs).... over the internet - pay bills online and get the discount that bank account holders have been getting for years!

Get extra cards and give them to your teens - teaches them how to manage £££'s.

plug plug plug

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
cikko said:
What a nightmare!!!!!!!

I think you guys should be taking up one of my pre-pay debit cards!

We are controlled by the FSA and Customs!!!

You can treat this like a bank account - but you don't need a credit history check etc (as there's no credit) and you basically put funds on the card and then save/spend to suit!

Useable anywhere you see the MasterCard logo!!!! (domestic and international POS and ATMs).... over the internet - pay bills online and get the discount that bank account holders have been getting for years!

Get extra cards and give them to your teens - teaches them how to manage £££'s.

plug plug plug
hmmmm thats got me thinking

is there any chance you can send me some details ?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts