TLZone Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a stupid bloody hazard light switch where the rest of the civilized world has nothing or a light switch ... which I cant remove cos of the government regulations / warrant of safety / shaken thing.
So. Next idea is - wiring a switch in somewhere that works like this ...

Added switch in first position - the hazard switch controls the hazard lights
Added switch in second position - the hazard switch controls the fan mod

Basically, when it comes time for shaken I just flip the switch & it's all normal again.
Ideas? Will it work? What kind of switch would I need or is it more complicated than that?

·
Registered
11,001 Posts
...I just got a few of the ET79 switches, let me know if you want one...

·
Premium Member
7,285 Posts
i'd have it this way around.

a 3 poll switch (2 - for hazard & fan & 1 - for off) i think im no electrical whizard :confused

POS 1: Added switch in second position - the hazard switch controls the fan modAdded POS 2: switch in first position - the hazard switch controls the hazard lights

·
Registered
451 Posts
is it something like this? this what you mean? prob a relay on the fan mod...

excuse the late night MSPaint

·
Registered
11,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Jeff - yeah I got one too but there's NOWHERE to put it ... I even went to an electric bits shop & bought the smallest switch they had & there is STILL nowhere it's fit inside the switch clusters :(

veetoo - huh? :laugh

extrasupreme - ooh I understand that! They all go to earth do they? I'll have a look at the wiring diagram in the manual ... which I should have done first anyway :banghead

·
Registered
11,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
:banghead nothing in the manual about hazard lights ...

Now I'm thinking though that the light switch ie. for headlights, would go in there, look OEM & work a treat. It's got 2 position & 4 wires going in ...

Anyone got a spare RHS headlight switch I could have to see if it'd work?

·
Upside Down Super Mod,
29,855 Posts
It wont work :(

The hazard lights switch takes the turn signal +12V and then switches it to both left and right side indicator tails. So it has 3 terminals on it, off = all three open, on all three closed.

The manual fan mod has to switch to ground, it doesn't switch a +12V supply.

It could be done with relay's, and it could be done with diodes that are rated to carry the indicator load.

·
Registered
11,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Dang ... how about extrasupreme's idea? or am I better off just finding somewhere else to put the switch?

·
Upside Down Super Mod,
29,855 Posts
I tried to explain how the standard wiring works, Extrasupreme's idea wont work as it is (it needs a little more work to operate correctly with the existing wiring). Suzuki don't use relay's for the fan or hazards as standard. I could draw up a circuit that would work, but it's a bit of work for me for nothing if you don't use it.

·
Registered
451 Posts
cmon steve ;)

i havent seen the wiring diagram. im sure it cant be that hard to draw the circuit, especially if you use "late night MSPaint" skillz..

·
Registered
11,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Steve you know my problems with electrical circuits & stuff :laugh
I think I'll just go for a standard switch mounted somewhere else :( bah, I wanted it to look all neat & OEM ...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts