TLZone Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think that I am missing a few fairing pieces and I just wanted to check with you guys to see if you knew were they should go and what they do.

From this group of parts I'm missing #9 which according to the site is Cover Front Lower. I'm not sure if I have this or what it even does?

From this group of parts I'm missing #21 the Cowling Under Center and #18 the Cover Lower Bracket. I also have no idea what #20 the Right and Left hand Inner Fairing is. I don't recognize having it. I'm also missing the screws that hold the ram air tubes to the inside of the side fairings.

My other questions that pertained to the "components" have to do with items in the Throttle Body area. When you lift the tank and remove the air filter box you have a good view of that whole area. There are a few items that have electrical connections and vacuum hoses that plug into them. They have attachments to them that show they should be mounted to something, but they are just laying around in there. Tucked on the side of the frame. I was wondering if anyone might have any pics of the throttle body area and could show me where those things should be mounted.

Apparently the previous owner pulled the bike apart to polish the frame and its evident that things didn't get put back together exactly how they should. Like they used the bracket that would hold the fuse box as the bracket that mounts both sides of the radiator to the frame of the bike by cutting it in half and using each half on each side of the radiator. And using just any random screws and bolts to hold the fairings on is always nice.

So anways, sorry for the long post. Any help would be great. I'm trying to get everything back to the way it should be.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Orange01TLR said:
My other questions that pertained to the "components" have to do with items in the Throttle Body area. When you lift the tank and remove the air filter box you have a good view of that whole area. There are a few items that have electrical connections and vacuum hoses that plug into them. They have attachments to them that show they should be mounted to something, but they are just laying around in there. Tucked on the side of the frame. I was wondering if anyone might have any pics of the throttle body area and could show me where those things should be mounted.

This i would probably say He removed the pair valve which is a good thing just emissions crap that makes the bike run like crap, everyone pulls these off..

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
with the 2nd pic, #20 + 19 are the inner fairing pieces. It makes the inside look a bit better, but it also sorta holds your stock airtubes in. Your fake carbon cover on the tubes might fall off, or even the tubes if you dont have the right screw in there. their cheap you can find them anywhere. the "V Shroud" i call it 2nd pic #21 it just directs the air more towards the lower rad and covers it from shooting crap on the ground into your belly pan etc.

hope that helps. the other stuff are just wire holders to hold such things like the clutch and throttle cables in place etc.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No the pair valves are still there. And of course I've been trying to find the items that I was asking about on the parts set for about 20 minutes and i can't find them. But isn't the boost sensor and something else by the throttle bodies that has electrical connections and vacuum hoses?
I can try to get a picture of it, I just hate to take the tank up again after having been working on this bike for EVER.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts