TLZone Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
Was over at member RWALL's shop today to help him with an issue he was having with a machine & I finally got some shots of one of his latest mods to his TLS. He is working with some HID headlights so he needed some space to put the ballast assemblies that power those lights. The area that the coolant overflow bottle sat in seemed like a good place but what to do with a coolant collector bottle?

Hmmm.

So he fabbed up this assembly that I think came out pretty well. Not a bad idea for those street fighter TL'S IMHO. Here are a few images:

And how about another angle. Hand made, one of a kind. With a heavy duty clear tube so you know how much coolant is in the tank. Good job Rick!

·
Registered
909 Posts
Thats a great idea, looks good there.

·
The Suck, Squeeze, Bang, Blow Moderator,
15,420 Posts
or an even more discrete handwash soap container :devious

·
Premium Member
7,697 Posts
The welding isn't the best, the mount around the water pipe is pretty weird, it probably doesn't need to be quite that big. But the idea is an excellent one screaming for some refinement, and it already looks better than my own modified baby-bottle caps to use baby bottles as overflow bottles.

BTW you can probably purchase sight-tubes that just bolt on.

·
Premium Member
3,387 Posts
Hey guys,
Was over at member RWALL's shop today to help him with an issue he was having with a machine & I finally got some shots of one of his latest mods to his TLS. He is working with some HID headlights so he needed some space to put the ballast assemblies that power those lights. The area that the coolant overflow bottle sat in seemed like a good place but what to do with a coolant collector bottle?

Hmmm.

So he fabbed up this assembly that I think came out pretty well. Not a bad idea for those street fighter TL'S IMHO. Here are a few images:

That looks really cool. Where did he get the braided oil lines from?

·
Premium Member
7,697 Posts
Indeed the braided oil lines do look nice, even nicer if they could be a hair shorter.

A set of those blue silcone hoses for the big water hoses might look good on that blue bike;
or large braided lines.

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
nice idea any spares laying around?...

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
Looks great:thumbup

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The welding isn't the best, the mount around the water pipe is pretty weird, it probably doesn't need to be quite that big. But the idea is an excellent one screaming for some refinement, and it already looks better than my own modified baby-bottle caps to use baby bottles as overflow bottles.

BTW you can probably purchase sight-tubes that just bolt on.
Hey Greg,
He owns & operates a large machine shop. He just doesn't have much time to work tinkering on his bike is what I have found. RWALL had some down time & his bike was parked at the shop so he grabbed what he found laying around & did it up. Yeah, it's a little rough but it is not a show bike by any stretch. The braided oil lines are some that he found laying around as well. I have ribbed him for that one over the years as he could have just sent them to a local shop (ORME Bros) & have them trim them down. But it is more of the "if it is functional & it works why spend way more money on it just so it looks tight" attitude. Kind of what you expect from a machine shop owner/operator.

Speaking of time related stuff Greg, you have lived out here for how long now & we never, ever see you at bike nights, get togethers, bike shows, AMA or WERA roadraces or even a quick drop by at the Cali Speedway? Inquiring minds want to know, do you even own a motorcycle?

:laugh

Just kidding man. Get your ass away from those PC's every now & then and come on by & hang out!

:whipping

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
Get one of them running & come on out! Hell, just jump in your cage & head out to the Cali Speedway. Last month there was a NSR Ducati out there - probably worth the ride out just to see a couple trick bikes much less to watch them out on the track. MotoGP racer James Ellison was doing some shake down testing on his brand new, AMA Superbike spec 07' CBR1000 that weekend as well. Some interesting stuff out there, I promise! Since the weather here is still pretty good I wouldn't be surprised to be some AMA "B" team racers out there getting some track time in.

We will be back out there Sat., January 6th which is a combination track day & WERA West practice day & Sun., January 7th is a WERA West race day, Round 1 of the series. The Saturday track day has been sold out for a few weeks already. Saturday there is no admission charge for spectators, Sunday it's $10 per head. I will be working & riding on Saturday but there is plenty of room to hang out & listen to the 2 way radio chatter & stare at bikes.

:scared

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
thanks Gerhard....nicely put....nuff said......:laugh:laugh:laugh

·
Moderator,
14,795 Posts
I like it alot :thumbup guess one benefits for putting weight lower to :)

·
Registered
8,379 Posts
looks sweet :thumbup

1 - 19 of 19 Posts