TLZone Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I'm pretty new to the world of tl1000s............couple of questions, after going out for a while and doing many wheelies, the f1 light keeps coming on, also it comes on after riding for a long period occassionaly. What's this mean??...................also, looking at theright hand side of the bike, there is a fuel breather pipe which exits down underneath the clutch cover, its been cable tied up since I bought the bike, I cut it off as I thought it wasn't right and it's pissing out fuel?? Uh?? Aaaaaaaalso, they're seems to be alot of shit and oil coming from behind the front sprocket cover?? Are they're any common faults that I should know about? The bike has only done 15000 miles!!?? Cheers guys
jay(Cannock)

·
Upside Down Super Mod,
29,855 Posts
Plenty of common faults. Search is your friend, all of your questions have been asked and answered heaps of times since 2003.

Wheelies will kill your engine in no time.

The Red LED is multifunction, FI Fault (Display will alternate FI and temperature), Over Temperature (HI), and NO OIL PRESSURE (oil can flashing).

What is the dash displaying when the LED is on (Multifunction, not just FI)?

Fuel coming out of the overflow pipe? Probably a cracked drain pipe insode the tank, plenty of posts covering cracked vent pipe inside the tank here too.

·
Registered
5,436 Posts
oil leak sounds like clutch pushrod seal...

i replaced mine a few years ago but it's lleaking again....however it hardly loses owt so i am leaving it as its cheaper than a scottoiler..haha...

that pipe you cut off is supposed to be there by the way. i second the sparky marky reccomendation..he needs the company anyway :devious

1 - 5 of 5 Posts