TLZone Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys.....Can anyone help! Fitted a NitroX chip a few months and several thousand miles ago, without any trouble. Last night went for a spin, open the beast up in 2nd to red line, something i've done many times before, when suddenly the red light came on, and I noticed the F1 code flash. I slowed down, the motor still seemed to run ok, and as I was only a few miles from home, continued my journey. When home let it cool for 10 minutes, started the motor, and no red light or flashing F1???? What was that all about?? The only thing I can think of is when you install the NitroX, you leave the air sensor disconnected. As it no longer F1 flashes, is it still safe to run?????
Appreciate any comments from you guys..........

·
Registered
39 Posts
I have the same problem for the second time now, but mine ran uneven then stalled,after that it wouldnt take the gas, pulled over, started it right back up, light was gone and it ran perfect again.

does anyone have a solution.

thanks

·
Registered
7,791 Posts
Next time, if and when you get any error code, put it in dial mode (you know how to do that, don't you) and see what #error it gives.
So, you will know where that problem is....

·
Registered
718 Posts
I was about to post a new thread on this but it looks like I'll just join the fun. I also have recently gotten the F1 code. I have not yet put it into dealer mode - as I didn't realize F1 wasn't a diagnostic code but rather a time to use dealer mode code. Use the search keyword "codes" for the chart on Steve's site. Just a bit more background on my problem - so one day I run low on fuel and my my bike is reluctant to start but finally does - fill er up at the nearest station (under 1 mi away) problem solved - ran great for a few weeks then BAM! doesn't want to start so I figure damn must be low on fuel (even though the light was only flashing NOT on solid). Fill er up and still doesn't want to start - so I figure try and give it gas while trying to start and BAM - she fires up but if I let off the gas she stalls - so I turn up the idle knob (I know... but I wanted to get home). After riding home with no problems I figured it must have been air in the line from letting it run low. Next morning it starts but then stalls unusually. Start it again and it runs fine - ride it to work and it stalls right in front of my lot (close one). Push it into the lot after trying to start several times to no avail. Then after a few minutes pass I tried again and BAM runs like nothing was ever wrong. After work today I am skeptical as I figured it wouldn't run, but it did. Rode to a friend's and it was fine - then I go to ride home just now and it pulls the same shit - wouldn't run unless I was on the throttle. So again I rode the clutch to get her home. I will try dealer mode as soon as I get a chance - but why all of a sudden and so intermittent? I added nothing new and she ran fine before.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Update.....At weekend I disconnected the NitroX chip, and then rewired again, making sure all the connections were ok. Took it for a 100miles+ spin, and absolutely no problem. No red light and no F1!! One thing I did do however was before the problem started I recall using 97 octane fuel instead of 95 coz that's all I could get at that station. I've fuelled since using 95 octane. Could this have caused a problem?? It turned out a bloody expensive weekend.....Nail in rear tyre, so a new one purchased :-(

·
Upside Down Super Mod,
29,860 Posts
FI not F1. :laugh

Fault Indicator not Formual One

Dealer mode >> http://wotid.com/tls/content/view/54/60/

Need to enter dealer mode without turning the ignition off, so if it happens frequently ride around in dealer mode and get the code when it happens. (Unless th fault is there permanently, turning off the ignition will clear it.)

·
Registered
718 Posts
Ahhhhhh - Had my mech take a look at it and he doesn't know what the problem is. I have not done the fuel filter or plugs yet - but those are next on my list. The mech said that the ecu had moved and some of the wires were rubbing on the frame - but no wires were frayed. The bike seemed to run fine for him after he moved the wires away from the frame and reseated the ecu. Ran fine yesterday but then today I go to leave work and I start the bike to let it warm up - it ran fine for a while then all of a sudden as it warmed up it started to idle rough and shortly after it stalled out. Again I had to hold the throttle open to get it to start - so I tried to limp home. It stalled every time I let off the throttle. I have been in dealer mode for a couple days now and no codes. I plan on doing the plugs and fuel filter anyway but it just seems to me that it may be something else. Oh before the mech looked at it the last time it stalled out on me I removed my dealer mode jumper to check the temp and it was reading only 117 - normally it would be around 160 - 180 after that amount of riding. All the fluids are fine and nothing is leaking. I did some searching on here and have seem some of the same exact symptoms : right hand pipe seems much hotter than the other (hotter than normal), exhaust smells like gas, problem seems to get worse as the bike gets hotter, will run fine after waiting long enough, when it is running it doesn't sound right, power loss, and once it starts stumbling the problem worsens the more I ride - got stranded yesterday (before the mech looked at it) and it would only drive maybe 300 yards before stalling even if I used the clutch and kept the rpms high - 10 minutes earlier when it started acting up I could make it maybe a mile or two before she would just shut off while moving. Again nothing has been added recently and no codes :banghead.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts