1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
spacechimp said:
This should be shown on every TV on the PLANET

http://switch3.castup.net/cunet/gm.asp?ai=214&ar=1050wmv&ak=null

although her head was probably cut off afterwards
Whoa. Awesome find Spacechimp. This is encouraging; it's the first time I have ever seen a Muslim rebuking Islamic extremists for their conduct, especially on TV!

Sometimes you get the sense that they're all extremists, but this shows that there are some who don't subscribe to the extremists' methods and would prefer a peaceful and productive life.

And the fact that discussions are taking place over there in a public forum makes my day a little more optimistic. :)

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
...and how come this doesn't get air time over here?

Damn liberal media.

·
Registered
3,498 Posts
it wont get air over here also

·
Premium Member
3,387 Posts
I am glad Spacechimp posted this video, as not all Muslims are extremists, and many people would be surprised at how many believers of the Islamic faith have views just like that woman so eloquently put it. What terrorists are doing and have done is not very dissimilar to what other delusional leaders and followers have done the world over, justifying their actions for the sake of "God". This is blasphemous. No one has the right to force their beliefs on another. Taken a step further, no one has the right to injure or kill another in the name of their "beliefs". I hope and pray everyday that this nonsense will end immediately.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
she's not muslim..
she is obviously arabic though
she says in the video that she doesn't believe in religion

·
Premium Member
3,387 Posts
I never said she was Muslim. I said there are many of us who share the belief that everyone is entitled to believe what they want, as long as it does not harm another.

·
Chief Moderator for my kids Julia & Kristen,
5,503 Posts
Sometimes you get the sense that they're all extremists, but this shows that there are some who don't subscribe to the extremists' methods and would prefer a peaceful and productive life.
Not all Christians are of the Far Right mindset either. These folks have managed to wrap themselves in the American flag and associate themselves as "True Christians". My personal orientation is fiscally conservative and socially moderate. The narrow focus tactics of the far right are disgusting to me and I believe they do Christianity a terrible disservice. Stuff like Pat Robertson blaming 9/11 on "pagans, abortionists, feminists, gays, lesbians, the ACLU," etc." What crap.

Good for that lady, speaking her mind. A respectful and open discourse is always healthy. I never thought I would see the day in the Middle East.

·
Moderator,
5,038 Posts
I was listening to this radio phone inthe other day and it made me laugh
there was a muslim community leader and this bishop of the catholic church arguing about the popes outburst the other week.
This caller was allowed tohave his say following the sparring session and said
' I don't know what all the fuss is about, at the end of the day it is 2 grown men arguing that ones imaginary friend is better than the others'

Kinda summed up religion for me, and put a smile on my face for the rest of the day

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Amen to that I say.

·
Registered
3,215 Posts
chraika1 said:
hmmm.. very interresting..
i think she is a jewish arab..
She's not a jew either. She says repeatedly that she doesn't believe in any of the supernatural mumbo jumbo, and that she's secular.

I think she went a little easy on the Christians and Jews, but she had good points that a hell of a lot of people should listen to and apply to themselves.

B

·
0 Posts
Duken4evr said:
Not all Christians are of the Far Right mindset either. These folks have managed to wrap themselves in the American flag and associate themselves as "True Christians". My personal orientation is fiscally conservative and socially moderate. The narrow focus tactics of the far right are disgusting to me and I believe they do Christianity a terrible disservice. Stuff like Pat Robertson blaming 9/11 on "pagans, abortionists, feminists, gays, lesbians, the ACLU," etc." What crap.

Good for that lady, speaking her mind. A respectful and open discourse is always healthy. I never thought I would see the day in the Middle East.
too bad she'll probably be dead by October.:dowhat

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
The world can defo be better off with more people minded like her!

Probably a lot more, then the media is letting us to belive, people feel & think like this. Although you start wondering what eventually the gain is for those people who are willing to fight and have the religion they have. What are they actually trying to do? Do they really think they are changing millions of minds a day? Isn't it just mindless doing some because someone said it was ok.. or actually, intepreting speech and text to justify their actions..

Anywho.. I once heared a phrase and I think it's good to post it here:

"Minds are like parachutes, they work best when they're open"

[edit] this might not get on TV but I'm just posting it on another forum.. it might as well go round the world that way!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts