TLZone Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Upside Down Super Mod,
29,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While waiting for the Malaysian MotoGP I'm watching this Extreme Air Race World Series (Round 2 in Barcelona). I've not seen this shit before. 400km/h+ 11G+ racing through gates etc over water. Madness :hail At first I thought I was watching RC races, until they went to a cockpit cam.

Good Stuff.

http://www.redbullairrace.com/

·
Pygmy looking for a new name
14,150 Posts
yup, and they do those races over land too. Screaming along sideways that close to the ground...that's some talent! :hail

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
it was on last night on fox too, from abu dabu or however its spelt.

first time iv watched it too, pretty good, the g's are crazy

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
The uh...er...racetrack:dunno reminds me of Hogwarts from the Harry potter movies. That is really really neato!!! :hail :hail :hail

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
Totally awsome, I've always wanted to do air racing, its just so darn expensive - if I ever make it big you can count on seeing me out there:yes

BTW for a while, it seemed the retired MX guys were dominating air racing - bob hanna has 12 WWII planes and Rick Johnson at least ran Reno a few times:hail

**** Red was sold recently, I was totally amazed how low the sale price was - 10M IIRC (an engine can easily be a couple million and this plane came with two of them). If only I had 10M in the account huh?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts