TLZone Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I picked up my first 1998 TL1000R (something I've wanted as long as I can remember) and other than getting used to the usual stuff like having my testicles lightly roasted and the engine braking (first twin too) I just expected more horses! I really was expecting to be frightened or at least have a little more get up and go. I've fitted a few bits and bobs and given the bike a thorough going over but over fitting a K&N, Iridium Plugs, V&H S4'S, TRE and having had the bike tweaked slightly on our works yoshibox what other suggestions have you guys got for squeezing out the extra ponies?! I've heard bits about an air box mod please do tell me more! i'm not saying the bikes dull in anyway shape or form but I really do want it to be putting out its all shy strapping a nitrous bottle to the arse end and setting up a dry kit what can I do for the extra grin factor? Thanks in Advance.
Ben
(New Member lots to learn)

·
Registered
115 Posts
Welcome to the zone,

For mod look in to the Frequent Mod section for the following:
Airbox mod
+ Mod
1080cc kit also exist
etc.

All these mode will improve the bike but it will not make +30 more Ponies without dropping a serious cash into the engine.

Also if it is your frist twin, take the time to learn the power characteristic of the bike, they are not the same as the line4.

Enjoy.

·
Adrenaline Junky
2,688 Posts
Power modifications just depend on the capacity of your wallet. There is a company offering a 1200cc big bore for the TL, but your need a deep wallet for this one.

Sam is the authority on big capacity and forced induction TLs, with 1200, 1080 and supercharged TLs in his stable.

Allonyelite has a pair of turbo'd TLRs.

From memory a stock TLR= 130hp, 1080 = 150hp, turbo = 180hp, supercharger = 191hp.

NGagne is right though. Twins are completely different to ride than I4s, and once you get your head dialled in then you can waste most I4s on the tarmac (provided its not a straight line drag) on a properly ridden twin :devious

1 - 3 of 3 Posts