TLZone Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I've owned my 98 TL1000R for approx 6mths during which time I've performed airbox mod, fitted a smart TRE and K&N air filter, braided front lines, an undertail and a DB screen. It has Yoshi RS3 bolt on cans with stock headers. Bike has 39,000km on the clock. Is an Australian delivered bike with no smog gear

I recently balanced the throttle bodies and set the TPS when doing the airbox mods. Since then I've noticed that one cylinder seems to emit more and richer emissions, particularly on warming up. It does seem to level out when warm but...
I'm about to do oil +filter, spark plug service during which time I'll redo the throttle bodies post airbox mod, just to be sure. I know it shouldn't make a difference but only a redo will satisfy the OCD.

My questions; should one cylinder be biased when balancing the throttle bodies to compensate for a dominant (hotter) cylinder with TLRs? If so what's the go? Is this a known TLR quirk?
Is the difference normal and doesn't need to be fussed over?
Or am I going to have to explore further?
Some advice would be great.

Ps Someone may have asked a similar question but I haven't been able to find it, so sorry in advance if this is a bit of a rerun for some.
Thanks

·
Registered
13,113 Posts
its the shape of the exhaust
all is normal

Reactions: Space Jockey
1 - 3 of 3 Posts