TLZone Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How much does the stock exhaust system weigh? What kind of OD and wall thickness and total length am I looking at to design my own system? I get pipe for cost and free bending I found out from the company I do programming work for on the side so my dreams might come true.

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
To duplicate an aftermarket system your going to need to weld cones or stamped sections together inorder to get sufficently tight bends I think. I know my akro system has a lot of welds in the bendy bits.

Stock system weights about 2.5789 tones I think:lol But seriously, its really heavy. At least 3x the weight of my akro system I think

have fun

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
I'd guess that the stock system is at least that, probably more but I've never weighed it. The cans alone are super heavy though.

I know that some time ago someone posted up the weight of the stock system along with a few aftermarket system weights. The Ti Force wasn't around then that I know of, but there were (are) still a few Yosh Full Ti systems and IIRC they were the lightest thing going. The Akro Ti was second I think (note that on the Akro Ti system, the headers are SS and the cans are all Ti).

have fun

1 - 5 of 5 Posts