TLZone Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HELP!:banghead

I'm pretty sure one of the rear exhaust seals is blown out on my TLS. When closing the throttle rapidly it tends to backfire, I can hear a snuffling noise from in there and the right exhaust is noticebly warmer than the left (fuel combusting in the exhaust?). I have a full Yoshi system which was already fitted when I got the bike. I can't tell if the problem is with the header or the connector seal.

I can get to the connector but is there a simple way to get at the header? I just can't fit anything in there to get it undone. I can't even see what sort of bolt is used! I swear this bike was designed by a lost tribe of pygmy contortionists!:rant

·
Upside Down Super Mod,
29,854 Posts
You'll have to probably replace the spigot gasket, it's common for them to fail.

Don't worry about the right can being hotter than the left, they ALL do it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks.

Thanks for the prompt advice Steve. When you say the spigot gasket you're referring to the one between the spigot and the cylinder (is there actually a fabricated gasket or do you just use the copper liquid gasket?)? Any hint on tools and access? I can't seem to get to the bolts holding the exhaust spigot to the cylinder.:confused

·
Upside Down Super Mod,
29,854 Posts
I'm going to jinx myself for sure, mine hasn't failed so I've never had to get in there (touch wood).

You should be able to feel the leak with your hand. They are fabricated gaskets as far as I'm aware.

Hang 5 one of the many that have had to do it will tell you exactly how I'm sure.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts