TLZone Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a clean looking exhaust hanger set up. Now that I have the tail risers. I was thinking of removing the existing heat sheild and exhaust hanger metal. Then maybe bringing something off the passenger foot rest to hold the heat shield and exhaust loop.

On the backside of the passenger pegs is an unused cavity I was thinking I could bore out and somehow use as the starting point for this whole idea.

What have you done?

Or any ideas on what to do? My main thing is I want to make it look clean and clear out that area back there.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thats nice

·
Registered
110 Posts
dont have tailrisers..did the gap mod .... cut the ugly exhuast hangers and tie downs off..turn up the M-4 as high as i can...use some 3/4 P-Clamps for hangers.. looks sweet... ill whore out more pics when finished...
[URL="
[/URL]
[URL="
[/URL]
[URL="
[/URL]
sorry about the quailty..took them with my phone.. havent deicided about the rear peg mounts yet..

·
Registered
1,530 Posts

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
yep GSXR K1 rear subframe.
So would those Aprilia hangers work on a TLR subframe??? I think the mounting holes are farther apart on the GSX-R subframe...

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
i like the options. except they all dont have the exhaust heat shield.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
do i even need an exhaust hanger, what if i made a hanger that came out near the rear sets and went to the mid pipe.

·
Registered
933 Posts
Van made some. I have them on my TLR but unfortunately I don't have pics. If you need them, Van is the man!

·
Registered
58 Posts
So I bought Marshdrummers cleaned up subframe and that kindly came with the hangers and tailraiser you see in the pic.........by the way Jay love the look on my bike and the new riding position, cheers.
I also have a set of vans exhaust hangers black with the hardware to fix to sub frame....no longer required.......maybe time for a new home?

·
Registered
153 Posts
I'm looking for a clean looking exhaust hanger set up. Now that I have the tail risers. I was thinking of removing the existing heat sheild and exhaust hanger metal. Then maybe bringing something off the passenger foot rest to hold the heat shield and exhaust loop.

On the backside of the passenger pegs is an unused cavity I was thinking I could bore out and somehow use as the starting point for this whole idea.

What have you done?

Or any ideas on what to do? My main thing is I want to make it look clean and clear out that area back there.
Maybe of some use to you,in the garage earlier I was messing with a set of rear TLR pegs,if you drill the small recess on the back of the bracket to 8mm you can fit a bolt through from the inside & still use the pegs.I just used an m8 mushroom headed allen bolt & put a flat on one side,so in affect it became a captive bolt to mount an exhaust strap to.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts