TLZone Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
8,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I notice there are some nice, cheap SSE systems for the SV 1000. Has anyone got the ability to compare a TLS/TLR exhaust to an SV 1000 exhaust? I sure would like to know, they look pretty similar, and may be the best bang for the buck for us poor TLS owners :coocoo

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
Mark had the Ti force TLR systems quite cheep - you just need to move your oil cooler a bit or fit one from a TLR:devious

·
Registered
8,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know, but I really, really want a proper SSE.........dang it.

·
Registered
11,001 Posts
...I believe a few of the UK guys already posted that it was a PITA to use the SV1K systems (or was it the AU guys?)...

·
Registered
11,001 Posts
...what about the guy you just met at M4, convince him to make them again:devious...

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
I know, but I really, really want a proper SSE.........dang it.
ahh, gotchya. IIRC two brothers used to make a proper SSE....perhaps you'll get lucky and find some old stock somewhere:O

good luck

·
Registered
11,001 Posts
ahh, gotchya. IIRC two brothers used to make a proper SSE....perhaps you'll get lucky and find some old stock somewhere:O

good luck
...Two Bros doesn't even acknoledge that they used to make that system, I called them back in 2002 right after they stopped selling the TLS and the response I got was "we never made any full systems for the TLS"...

It was still listed on Dennis Kirk, AZmotorsports and about 4 other sites that I used to frequent that sold exhaust and not even a year later they wouldn't support making new parts for it:banghead...

·
Registered
8,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I worked Kyle at M4, and I am sure they won't be making them. He also said, they don't do one off customs. :banghead. But they make some nice SV systems, as does Yosh, Akro, etc.

·
Registered
11,001 Posts
...here in Japan, K-factory will make you a full Ti system, inside and out for a TLS - its Y180,000 if I remember what pfunk said... still waiting for his installed pics though:banghead...

·
Registered
8,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
How much is that in real money sir?

·
Registered
11,001 Posts
...from www.xe.com...
180,000.00 JPY
Japan Yen = 1,553.26 USD
United States Dollars
1 JPY = 0.00862924 USD 1 USD = 115.885 JPY

...its an amazing system but that's a lot of $$ in any language...

·
Registered
8,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
That would be above the budget sir.

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
I bought it to try and fit to my cagiva raptor,but its way out.
Might be easier fit to tls because the problem with the raptor was the shock sits on the left,so is right in the way of the rear header pipe from the sv ti system:banghead.
So thats something else i need to now sell:banghead.
Heres a pic of the ti-foce sv1000 system setup for you tio compare with tls setup.

·
Moderator,
14,795 Posts

·
Registered
8,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks Monkey, I will have to look into that :thumbup

·
Registered
4,197 Posts
The rear spigot is completely different on the SV1000. It goes sharp to the left.
--> Without major changes, there's no way to mount an SV1000 system to the TLS.

Greetings
Rufer

·
Registered
795 Posts
...here in Japan, K-factory will make you a full Ti system, inside and out for a TLS - its Y180,000 if I remember what pfunk said... still waiting for his installed pics though:banghead...
Oops! Thought I gave you the link ages ago:

http://homepage.mac.com/fradale/photography/PhotoAlbum11.html

The price is correct, for the basic system; iirc I paid about 220,000 with some options. The fit and finish surpass anything else I have seen. Great sound, too, but quiet enough to pass the inspections.

·
Registered
8,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Wow, that is a nice exhaust! Woo Hoo!

·
Registered
11,001 Posts
:drool...pfunk that's amazing...does it have removable baffles or is it always quiet enough for the db regs?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts