TLZone Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, just pondering on buying some new cans for my tiller but obviously very limited due to age and market needs etc but can tls cans fit a tiller??? Just cans onto stock down pipes or would it need some modification prior to it? Tia mike.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Yoshi cans do appear on ebay regularly but arnt cheap. I have seen advertised cans to fit both TLR and TLS but i wouldnt take this a gospel.

·
Premium Member
6,831 Posts
There are a few Yoshi cans that will fit. Look for the 4 bolt Suzuki fitment ones - they all will fit, SV, 'busa and TLS but the "designated" TLR Yoshi cans are the longer version and have a wedge shaped inlet cap to point the cans in at the tail end.

·
Registered
248 Posts
There are a few Yoshi cans that will fit. Look for the 4 bolt Suzuki fitment ones - they all will fit, SV, 'busa and TLS but the "designated" TLR Yoshi cans are the longer version and have a wedge shaped inlet cap to point the cans in at the tail end.
I have a set of TLR Yoshi Titanium cans on my TLS which I bought off Brainless over on TL Planet.
The only thing that wasn't a fit was the Yoshi TLR can hangers.
If any one is in need of a set, I have a brand new pair.

·
Premium Member
6,831 Posts
Yoshi TLR can hangers.
They will fit, you just have to re-shape them a little as they are bent into a different configuration for the TLR.

·
Premium Member
6,831 Posts
here are some pictures of the TLR Yoshi bolt on can.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Cheers ted I see what you mean about the size difference and the tapered end to make them turn in. Thats great thanks👍

·
Registered
22 Posts
Interesting... having recently purchased some cans (Non Yoshi) I did notice that they were a tight fight for the exhaust system with the hangers provided with the cans. It did feel like I was forcing them a little to line up with the hanger holes in the frame if you catch my drift. Can’t remember if the standard had a taper like the Yoshi ones that you have pictured or wether the built on brackets were so exact that I didn’t notice. Hope I don’t crack the pipes! I did actually think about adding a spacer on the strap fastener to lessen the strain.

Attachments

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Stilgoe I like the bike mate. ....same colour as mine. Stripped down for a deep clean while the tank and nose cone off for repair.😉

Attachments

·
Registered
22 Posts
Cheers Fangface, I was actually trying to load up a pic with the new cans but having real problems on my iPad!
Your TL will be pretty mint once you’ve got those dents and cracks ironed out.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Cheers mate I hope so....just have to remember how to put it all back together now🤔🤣🤞

·
Registered
248 Posts
Looks like the later cans (my has the newer style badge) didn't have the taper.
M4 SYSTEM & YOSHI CANS 001.JPG M4 SYSTEM & YOSHI CANS 008.JPG

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Bill r the look very nice and them hangers and rear sets are cool too. Not normal bolts on I see?

·
Premium Member
6,831 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Bill r the look very nice and them hangers and rear sets are cool too. Not normal bolts on I see?
Thanks, no it's a M4 system with adapters I made up to take the Yoshi cans.
Here's a newer pic.

TL1 5 (2).JPG

·
Premium Member
6,831 Posts
yes it does, TLS = TL109SO-TI............................... guess they have changed....................... or minimized their range ........:O

·
Registered
248 Posts
yes it does, TLS = TL109SO-TI............................... guess they have changed....................... or minimized their range ........:O
I suspect minimized their range.
Do yours have oval tips?
TL1 7 (2).JPG

1 - 20 of 25 Posts